Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am a little confused by this statement. Does this mean that 100% of the admitted freshman students were auto admits and no one accepted was outside of it? If that is the case, my son will likely not apply as OOS. He is not in the top 10% of his class.

1 Like

No, 100% of auto-admit applicants automatically accepted to engineering. That represents 40-45% of all admitted engineering students. Review admit still counts for 50-60% of applicants accepted to engineering.

1 Like

I have a question on this…on the TAMU Engineering website for admissions it says:

" Due to the continued increase of competitive applications, the Texas A&M University College of Engineering has moved to a total holistic review process. This policy applies to all engineering applications, including Texas A&M automatic admits, and is handled entirely by the Office of Admissionsnot the College of Engineering."

Is there any data or statistics that shows Auto Admit/top 10% students that did not get admitted to Engineering? What would the option be then? Second choice major or an alternative pathway?

1 Like

TAMU admits all auto-admit (top 10%) Texas students. (see data below). Review admits still have good majority of acceptance in Engineering. (Here when we say auto-admit, that is the Texas law auto-admit, how TAMU review both auto and review is up to TAMU)

Freshmen admission is always handled by Office of Admissions.

Thank you!
Would you and @ChristiR93 mind doing a private chance me for my son? I can send a DM. We are trying to decide if it is worth applying.

I will be able to assist for engineering and natural science, for all the rest Christi will be the best.

Engineering has ETAM year. Students who really want their particular majors in engineering will need to prepare Calculus, Chemistry and Physics in their twelfth grade.

This is for ETAM. I will DM you.

To be clear, engineering has always been holistic review. You get auto accepted to Tamu but you are not guaranteed engineering. I knew someone back in the 2017 admission process and was top 2%. He didn’t take the sat seriously since auto admit. He got the choice of TEAB or pick another major outside of engineering. He did Teab and loved it. Got ME through ETaM after year one. Graduated on time and employees as ME.

The holistic review is amazing so that top 10% don’t take all the spots at main campus.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to submit the SRAR yet? I can’t and I don’t know if that’s because there is an issue or if it’s just not open for submission yet. (and by submission, I mean what they refer to as lock/finalize, not linking to A&M.)

Same here

From College of Architecture at NSC this year. My daughter is an incoming freshman in VIZ which is moving to the new “School of Performance , Visualization, and Fine Arts” and will not be in Arch anymore as of Sept 1. But at NSC earlier this summer VIZ was still in Arch and these are the stats for Arch that you may find interesting. Also they made it very clear to students that Arch has no probation process. If your grades slip, you are out of the program with no probationary period.

3 Likes

are you getting this message at the bottom of the review/submit page instead of a submit button? (even though graduation year has been selected as 2023?)

*** Note: ***
Final submission of your academic record cannot be completed until your senior year in high school. Anything that you have entered up to this point has been saved. If you are
seeing this message and are currently in your last year of high school, visit the Enter Schools section to update your high school graduation year.

Pretty sure the SRAR can’t be submitted until after applications open on August 1st. As for the senior year message…you just have to make sure to fill in senior classes as In Progress.

I did put in senior year classes. I’m hoping it’s a timing issue and it will work next week. I submitted a question to SRAR help desk but have not heard back. I’m just paranoid that it still won’t work on Aug. 1 and I would have wasted a week waiting.

We are getting the same fault. Probably have to wait until 1 Aug or when it shows u applied to AM. It does say on website to submit when ready and in YouTube videos but this fault is never mentioned

If your school district has electronic high school transcript service, go ahead start sending to TAMU now.

Just make sure grades in official transcript and SRAR match.

Linking (to college) won’t open until application is opened. (Aug 1st)

1 Like

Are most people utilizing Apply Texas or Common App to apply to A & M?

My twins will be using Common App

1 Like

I’m not sure what most people are doing but if your school uses Naviance I recommend using CommonApp it’ll be much easier for sending letter of recommendations and transcripts.

TAMU application in Common App is active now.

5 Likes