Texas A&M-College Station vs University of Wisconsin-Madison

<p>I am an international student who has been accepted by Texas A&M university at College Station and also by University of Wisconsin-Madison.
These are the 2 best offers I have and so I am seriously in a dilemma over which one to chose as both the colleges are equally good. For instance Texas A&M has a great college environment, whereas Wisconsin Madison is located in a city.</p>

<p>I request all the guys who know anything about the 2 colleges to kindly give me their views on whatever aspect they are aware of as it will surely help me in making my final decision.
THANK YOU</p>

<p>Oh and Just to let every1 know, I have got into the school of general arts and sciences int both these universities and will look to transfer to the business school of whichever one I go to.</p>

<p>Read the threads in this forum. It will tell you lots about UW-Madison. Can't help you though with Texas A and M. For information on that institution go to their forum and read the threads: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p>

<p>Thank You so much for ur reply!
Just wanted you to know that since I am an international student I have not had the opportunity to visit my campuses so any further information on the campus atmosphere would be very helpfeul.</p>

<p>I would also appreciate it if any current students at any of the 2 schools could share their experiences with the faculty.</p>

<p>THANK YOU</p>

<p>I know UW is liberal, has northern climate, many OOS students, excellent college environment... read the past comments like tsdad says.</p>

<p>Both are equally accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.</p>

<p>Since you are international, i am guessing that you would be paying non-resident tuition, which would be a lot. I'm not sure about the difference in cost between both of them, but Wisconsin would definitely be more expensive as its up in the north.</p>

<p>I doubt its worth rolling up the extra dough..thats my 2 cents..</p>

<p>Thank You so much for replying josh0188. Your information about the Advance Collegiate Schools of Business was very valuable. And yes I have looked into the difference in tuition fee. Its about US$ 10000 and in my local curreny its almost close to AED 37000. So I guess that it's a big difference.</p>

<p>And would you or anyone else be able to tell me whether it's true that in Wisconsin-Madison it snows 9 months a year? And is Wisconsin a city like Boston or Houston?</p>

<p>At most, it snows about 6 months of the year (Nov-April), but it's not all heavy snow and cold for the whole 6 months. At the beginning and end of the season, it's mainly flurries or snow that melts right away. the summers can get warm here, but not quite as hot as College Station. I've lived here for 16 years and have visited College Station for a conference once. Madison is a progressive/liberal small city (200,000 people). College Station is very conservative and small in comparison. The George H.W. Bush Library is on its campus.</p>

<p>College Station in a nowhere little town dominated by fast food and small minds. It's like the anti-Madison. The biggest event of the year there is building a sometimes deadly bonfire.</p>

<p>srt578 which country are you from? If you're from a hot place then Texas would suit you much better. If you're used to the cold/snow then Wisconsin should be bearable. Its quite ironical because these are at two complete extreme ends of the USA.</p>

<p>You really might wanna take that $10000 into account before anything else, unless you're getting some sort of financial aid/scholarships</p>

<p>MM:</p>

<p>Well that may be true generally as to the weather, but they're selling in town: "I survived the winter of 2008" tee shirts for a reason. LOL. The longest winter of my life.</p>

<p>For an international student, Madison would be a much more congenial place.</p>

<p>
[quote]
but they're selling in town: "I survived the winter of 2008" tee shirts

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Is this in Madison? I want that shirt! LOL. If it's at state street you should let me know where as I'll be going down there soon twice.</p>

<p>Yes, this was a particularly snowy and cold winter and it seemed very long, it still didn't span longer than I stated in my other message. The t-shirts may be sale on State Street at the Sconnie shop or other shops. The plow operators for the city were given them for free by the mayor!</p>

<p>BTW, this weekend was glorious weather - sunny and temps in the 60s. In my neighborhood, I saw folks out and about that I haven't seen for 5 or so months!</p>

<p>Climate doesn't matter as much if you are busy with classes, therefore indoors anyhow. The liberal/conservative issue is important- go to UW for that reason. Food choices should suit you in the UW dorms, easy to be vegetarian, do many ethnic meals in the campus area. Many students from outside the region- diversity. I think you would enjoy Madison and seeing Wisconsin; Chicago is definitely an easy visit for a big city change of scenery. The fall and spring weather is great, snowy wintery weather is usually just around first semester exams and the first half of second semester- good times to be studying. UW is a great college environment as well- come here.</p>

<p>Addenda-check each school's website for information about student organizations for those from your country (at UW check under international students), contact them and see if their experience makes you want to be there.</p>

<p>srt578, I am an UW alum, lived in Texas for much of my adult life and used to recruit in TAMU.</p>

<p>Weather wise, Texas is hot during summer and mild during winter. College Station is smaller and far less exciting than Madison. But its proximity to Houston more than makes up for it. There is more diversity among Texans than Wisconsinites. I believe each location will give you a somehow different favor of American culture. </p>

<p>Academy wise, UW edges or is comparable to UT-Austin who is generally regarded better than TAMU. </p>

<p>Who rules on football field is a whole other story. ;) </p>

<p>If your intention is return to Dubai, my recommendation is attend UW who has a much stronger international brand and network than TAMU. Try contact official UW alum at UAE: Vijay Gandhi (vvgandhi AT gmail.com) who may be able to connect you to other alums in Dubai and Middle East.</p>

<p>Example of the type of activity you will find at UW and not at TAMU</p>

<p>Award-winning</a> Filmmaker Pierre Sauvage to give human rights, democracy lecture (April 14, 2008)</p>