Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Did the SRAR and rank clear at the same time or did the SRAR clear earlier?

For us we applied 8/6, got UIN on 8/14, all green checks as of last night. Class rank cleared before SRAR.

Any idea how competitive or a decision timeline for Entomology in college of agriculture for non-top 10%?

Our SRAR cleared before class rank. Looks like they trickle in as they are reviewed and there may not be a particular order.

Daughter applied 8/1, got UIN on 8/14, all her info (transcripts, test scores) were already in system with check marks. SRAR turned green on 8/16, top 10% check mark went green the next day 8/17. All green checks 8/17 and said “My App is complete And in Review” .

2 Likes

I don’t know how fast entomology fills up. Assuming that’s what you mean by competitive.

So the competitiveness comes in being accepted early enough to get the desired major.

That is what I meant. We got advice to choose that major as it is directly related to her career goals, but doesn’t fill as fast as Forensics. Hopefully it works out. Thanks!

1 Like

Keep us posted!!

1 Like

This is a general question if someone can clarify. I just submitted fall 22 application for my son. On goapplyTexas site, it only shows total six pages of submitted information. Those pages are #1-2, and #4-7 from U.S. Freshman questions.

Missing pages are:

• #3 page from U.S. Freshman questions.
  • all pages #1-4 of A&M specific questions.
  • Essay page.

Is this what is expected when viewing the submitted application on goApplyTexas?

I am nervous with all the ApplyTexas issues and delay in processing.

What kind of impact, if any, would it cause if my son changed his major now? He submitted his application and all on AIS have green check marks and his application is complete and in review. He chose Biology as his first major but wants to change to Biomedical as first choice and Bio as second. Should he change it now on howdy or wait to see if he is admitted first then change majors?

Requesting a change of major shouldn’t harm them at all. TAMU accepts students into the university then they’re accepted into their major after. The biomedical degree at TAMU is great, my husband went that route when he was a student. Good luck!

1 Like

Agree with @TMImomof2

1 Like

Found answer. Deleting post.

Two questions. One, how long does it take to get netID? And two, what is considered a good SAT score for the Mays Business school (as a homeschoolers)? Thanks!

Mays doesn’t look at scores. You need the scores to get into Tamu that’s it. For homeschool top qtr
Rank you’ll want high 1300s or 1400s to get in the first round of holistic review admits. If you can get accepted by Mid October you’ll have a good shot at Mays.

3 Likes

in the list of acceptance dates you posted earlier, are the scores above where the 9/29 mays acceptances where? I understand it is just about getting accepted into A&M before mays fills up (vs. specifically getting accepted to mays.)

For review admits the scores need to be high or you need a solid well rounded application to get in early. We did see several of these last year, which is promising.

1 Like

We now are only waiting for the class rank to clear. SRAR turned to a green check this morning. Any idea when we can expect class rank to turn to green check? My son goes to a small private school (in state) that doesn’t rank. Also, if his GPA is 3.58, SAT is 1430, good about of EC, community service, and awards, what can we expect for assigned rank?

Not sure how they’ll rank that gpa. It could be 1st or 2nd qtr but that sat score is amazing so if his course rigor is good, he stands a great chance at admittance.

I haven’t seen anyone say how quickly they’re getting rankings this year. So I cannot say. Maybe someone can answer that… :grimacing:

When it does happen, let me know. And I hope he’s ranked top qtr. I think it’s a good possibility but just wanted to be honest about the 2nd qtr chance.

Thank you for the info. His 3.58 is unweighted and of the 22 credits he has 11 that were honors classes (his school does not have AP) He also has 6 hours of Dual credit. His senior year he will have no honors classes but 12 hours of DC.

I’m hoping he gets 1st quartile but we can’t control that decision, sooooo….

I’m hoping it gets determined soon so his app is complete! I’ve seen some in this thread that are from non ranking schools say that they have received their class rank already.

@Aggies9698 My son went to a small private high school as well and they calculated his rank within a few days if I remember correctly. They calculate based on their experience with your high school and how you compare to the other kids graduating from the same school in terms of gpa, and how rigorous your course work was

3 Likes

If that’s unweighted, then I would bet 1st quarter.

1 Like