Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My daughter was from a small university model school (we had homeschooled until high school) and they ranked her w/in a few days of submitting everything. Her GPA was 3.8 unweighted and was placed in the 1st quartile. Hope that helps. We move her to TAMU tomorrow!! Best wishes!!

4 Likes

Both of my kids went to a small private school that didn’t rank as well. Anyone that had a sat score above 1360 got in. Some kids with scores between 1000-1190 got in through contesting their decision. The school they went to is extremely competitive, so most people had a gpa similar to your son. If he doesn’t get in off the bat, I’m positive he’ll be accepted after contesting.

1 Like

Any advice on answering the amount of parental support question in the scholarships section? As little as possible isn’t an option. :grinning: Not sure how much to put here. Frankly we will pay whatever the balance is after her scholarships. But we don’t know how much that will be yet. They want a $ amount. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Number of Essays for TAMU.

1. Required: Tell us your story. What unique opportunities or challenges have you experienced throughout your high school career that have shaped who you are today?

Is this the main essay one has to upload in the Coalition App? My original essay that I wrote for all other colleges would not work here due to the prompt so I need to write a new one. Not only that I will have

1. Required Engineering Essay.
  2. Diversity Essay
  3. Life event that prepared you for college. (isn’t this repetitive same as 1?)
  4. Person that most impacted your life.

loosing my mind

1 Like

I hope the extra short answers don’t affect their decision all that much. My son didn’t know that they were including those, so he just winged them to make sure his application was submitted early. We haven’t looked into much help from recruitment officers, since my daughter is a student there right now. I wish we went to somebody so we’d be more prepared.

Yes all the short answer questions have slowed my daughter down a bit too. There are more questions in the scholarship section too.

1 Like

Who advised you? I’m not top 10% either. If not comfortable sharing here please PM me!

Y’all… right now there are thousands of students and parents invading Aggieland to move their students into housing for their freshman year. The town is hoppin and full of energy and a touch of anxious.

This time last year, they were doing exactly what you’re doing now. Some didn’t find out their decisions til March and while that does lead to stressful months of waiting, the end is the same… they are all moving in.

I hope this helps! I promise you that last year, most parents on this site would have had a hard time picturing this weekend. But here they are!

Enjoy the process and ask as many questions as you need. Y’all have my website for free help and can reach me directly there OR message me on here.

Hang in there. And don’t be surprised if you’re more anxious than the kids. It’s frustrating lol but it happens. They are way more chill than we are!!!

8 Likes

@AggieMomhelp , what’s your website?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in your original post: www.aggie2aggiehelp.com.

1 Like

Thank you so much for starting this thread, AggieMomHelp! You were all such a GREAT help to me when my son was applying two years ago. He is now a soph in Engr. Daughter is a senior in HS and just got her EIN this morning! Whoop!

1 Like

Is there any more speculation that admission results will be coming out earlier this year than in previous years? Someone said that at one point and I just wanted to follow up on that and see if anyone has heard anything? My son is a holistic review candidate and applied 8/1 at 1:30 AM in hopes of getting into Mays Business School.

1 Like

Aggiemomhelp- Love all your great information. I’m an “old” Aggie Mom repeating the process a whole 16 years later. I don’t remember much of the process when my oldest was admitted, so all your inputs are valuable since so much has changed. FB was only a college thing back then. Now that we’ve survived the application process, have our ranking (private/homeschool), and :white_check_mark:s across the screen, we need to get ready for the even more stressful event, dorm selection. Our tours were limited due to Covid, but we did see Mosher and Hullabaloo because we had friends living there. This child is more introverted than my other 2, so our Hullabaloo friend’s enthusiasm about Greek life and all the social stuff didn’t really excite her much (I was sold from the 1st push of the elevator button (been a 4th floor parent before…ugh!). This D is more studious, has applied for engineering, and hopes to be in engineering honors. She was okay with Mosher because she thinks that’s where all the engineering students will be, although I’m telling her they will be everywhere. I’m trying to get her to at least go back to look at North side modulars once the College Station invasion subsides. Anyway, do you want to share your knowledge on the Dorm Application process? How quickly after acceptance notifications go out can we submit? I know Hullabaloo fills up fast, what about NS mods? Any particular dorms that have bad reputations as far as cleanliness, maintenance, safety or too much noise or partying? If there’s another thread with more info, point me that direction, I just haven’t found much.

@Kimvogel you can apply for Housing as soon as TAMU acceptance has posted to Howdy. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is made. So apply AS SOON AS acceptance is posted!
Then you wait….until late spring. Nothing to do until then, when you get your housing selection time. It’ll ask you, when paying Housing deposit, what your choices are…that doesn’t matter at all. Promise. It’s a free for all when your housing selection time opens up.
There are Engineering majors in every dorm, students in greek life in every dorm.
Once your student is admitted, you can join Aggie Parents FB page, and there is tons of chatter about dorms, dorm selection. Can’t join until your student has been accepted tho.

2 Likes

This is Aggiemomhelp. I got suspended for spam which makes no sense since all I do is help people on this site for the past 3 or 4 years. lol

@kimvogel, @52AG82 is right. listen to her! I do think people overstress on dorms. It always works out. Most dorms are well maintained, just some are a tad older. Never really hear any complaints about any of them. It all works out. Commons are smaller and not as nice as modulars, but they’re still a great place. If she wants to be there, embrace it!!!

5 Likes

Probably because of the website? Just a thought. Hope it gets resolved!

I had an engineering student live in the commons. We had the same debate about dorms, but she liked living with a concentration of engineering students and appreciated the resources geared towards engineers. She could find friends to play games with in the game room or on the hall. It was a great experience. The setup is also nice with the dining hall right there. I agree that people over think the dorms. They have more ability to choose their specific dorm/room then they used to, but that does add extra stress. Just remember that she is going to be the one living there.

3 Likes

Yes, when it was reposted by a user, it alerted them. I’m like dude… I don’t charge. Free to all. I even just reviewed and edited an essay for a girl. So yes, hopefully, they open it back up for me!

2 Likes

Hi All! Just doublechecking something. Based on the information we found on the TAMU website it says to upload letters of recommendation into howdy. Does the student do that? My daughter is asking her daughters for letters of recommendation but they need information on what format and how to submit. Based on what we found on the TAMU website it looks like she should ask the teacher for the letter of recommendation and upload it herself into howdy. But it isn’t clear. We haven’t gotten that far yet so we haven’t seen what it looks like in howdy. We are trying to give the teachers advance notice so they have time to write the letter and get it to her while we work on finishing the essays and the application. Can anyone confirm how they submitted their LOR’s? Did you upload it yourself? Or is there going to be a place in howdy to send a request to the teacher for them to upload their letter? Her teachers seem to think they should submit it directly to the school themselves.

I have two letters of recommendation and the admissions office said you have two options. One, have the teacher/recommender email it to you and you can upload it through the AIS. Or secondly, the teacher/recommender can email to the admissions office.

1 Like

I didn’t see any option to upload Resume’ in ApplyTexas. Is it done separately?