Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I know someone that got a full rejection on Friday so maybe that’s not true this year?

Like a full out rejection? That’s crazy. Unless an app is incomplete, most get Psa for worst case.

Can you confirm it was truly a rejection? Just want to keep good notes for the next year. Thank you so much!!!

Yes let me ask his mom. He told her it was reject on Friday

1 Like

@52AG82 @D_B2 @Kathryn_Craig Thank you so much for your recommendations!! :heart:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, it took mine around 3 days to update, it’ll come soon!

Aww that’s sad, hopefully it’s open but if not Cabo is pretty much like an upscale version of Chipotle @Beyou2022

1 Like

Of course!

1 Like

1 Like

Wow. The number of applicants and the caliber of applicants must have been through the roof.

Thank you for sharing this information so we know going forward for other years.

If Tamu is where your kiddo wants to be, there is a way to get here and finish with that Aggie degree (and ring).

4 Likes

Does anyone have an email of an advisor I can talk to? My son has been in review since August, we need to know if the waiting is worth it at this point.

2 Likes

As of this morning still nothing. (Waitlist/Team consideration).

2 Likes

Nothing!

Nothing at all :frowning:

@817katy If I get this letter, they will be getting a longer letter back! :rofl:

5 Likes

Without knowing his/her application details, it’s highly possible that it was not complete. Can’t tell if that’s a physical letter or one pulled from his Documents in AIS - just curious if he had all green checks on his checklist. @ChristiR93 Don’t you agree that TAMU usually rejects for this reason?

Yes usually. I don’t know his stats but we are chatting via messenger. Hoping to help him skidaddle from blinn to Tamu in a year!

I know there are limited psa spots but I also know there are quite a bit of them at each campus. And I would guess that less than 50% go psa route. I would actually love to know that stat.

That would be a tedious task getting the numbers from each campus. I’d be interested too.

1 Like

Prior to discontinuing academic admits, TAMU released class profile in the form of pie chart. 1/8 of all applicants were in the blank section of the pie that’s reject. So back in 2018 TAMU have 35K undergraduate applications, about 4.5K receive reject letter. There is no data showing how many were incomplete but admission once mentioned less than 1% applicants have completion issue, so TAMU do reject about 4K students every year.

10 Likes

@FriscoDad , as always , thank you for sharing this. Hopefully for my son and many that are still waiting with decent stats and complete apps do not fall into that 1/8 section :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m from India, and TAMU has always been my first choice, but there’s somethings you can’t change right. I got into another of my top 3 schools, so I should probably look into that option a little more.
Also I’ve been reading your posts and let me say that you’ve expressed all my feelings about the wait to the T. Are you from Texas?

2 Likes