Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@avalav , good luck to you. I remember coming here as an International Student long time ago :). How time flies and so much has changed. I know you will do well wherever you decide to go.

1 Like

Sorry for the unnecessary stress, the bright side about that chart is that PSA is a practical offer on participating majors as opposed to many thinking it as “soft reject”.

College of Science has unusual delay and a number of spots not filled yet (Maths/Physics/Chem) hope your son receive his spot!

4 Likes

I hope admissions shares your perspective, :sweat_smile: lol. Deciding to apply to US universities was a bit of a last minute decision, so it was kind of impossible for me to apply sooner due to SATs, transcripts and TOEFLs. I suppose that hurt my chances a lot, but let’s see. As I’ve read somewhere before, it’s not over till it’s over!
And yes, I will definitely update when I finally do get a decision; hopefully it helps with your stats and understanding of Admissions!

4 Likes

I just spoke to admissions and incomplete apps don’t even get a rejection letter because technically they didn’t apply and aren’t reviewed.

had no idea. I always assumed most got psa if not another pathway. So light bulb moment for me!!!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s really kind of you to say that. It genuinely helps with my stress and anxiety when I read this forum, because it reminds me that I’m not alone.

3 Likes

@avalav , you are not alone. We’ve all been there. I always tell my son, the stress level for International Students is a lot more than just waiting for acceptance from college. Visas, traveling, finding roommate, adapting to a new country and culture. But at the end we all make it work. Hang in there.

1 Like

It gives a good idea of the numbers for the application process.

https://accountability.tamu.edu/All-Metrics/Mixed-Metrics/Applied,-Admitted,-Enrolled

2 Likes

@Mom20251 , thank you for sharing this. I am just surprised that out of 260 students that applied in 2021 in the Math Department, only 93 were enrolled. The trend is more or less the same in the last five years.

Yes, TAMU AO normally will try to contact the applicants to resolve incomplete issue. If no response, by April 30th, the AIS will get updated to " cannot offer admission due to incomplete application". So in certain sense it will go to the blank section of the chart.

TAMU stopped the pie chart because if one doesn’t understand Blinn offers, TAMU effective admission rate dropped to 40%. (and 32% after removing academic admit)

2 Likes

That figure includes College Station full admit and Blinn TEAM. And TAMU offers more TEAM than full admit in Math departments.

Many applicants are not well informed of the Blinn Team options that’s why the relatively low enrollment ratio.

2 Likes

@avalav Yes! I am from Texas! I have dual citizenship (Italy) and have for years thought about going to college in Europe (free!!!) BUT it turns out I am not so brave :joy: So I admire you applying to a college in another country - I think that is awesome! I hope we both get in -maybe we can meet up if we do !! Good luck!!!

@ALN - you were an international student too? Wow! What country? Such brave spirits you both are.

3 Likes

My daughter is still waiting like you but she leaves Thursday to travel to Italy for a week. She’s so excited and nervous. Her first plane ride and being out of the country.

3 Likes

Nope, I think it’s completely valid that when you have such great schools around you don’t want to move to a different country! Tbh, if India had a good psychology school in my city, we probably wouldn’t have considered it at all, but the lack of support for anything other than engineering and medical school is probably what influenced me to apply, not my courage :joy:. But thanks for saying this!
And yes, if we both happen to get in, I would love to meet up with you! What are you majoring in btw?

1 Like

@avalav English! Psychology was my second choice, actually! It’s a plan then… let’s both get in because we have to meet :crossed_fingers: :joy:

@DejavuBarbie How fun for your daughter! I’m not from Italy, just received the dual citizenship thing from grandparents. But I’ve been there!! SOOOO beautiful and full of amazing things. And food! Oh gosh that food!!! Hope she has a blast!

1 Like

Ooh English sounds amazing. I was planning to have English as my second choice, but then I saw the courses for Socio and fell in love :joy:.
Yep, just for the experience of soaking up the Texas sun together, we have to get in. We should probably start with the prayers now :yum:

1 Like

Someone also posted that they got a rejection letter in March 2nd on Reddit, here’s the picture. Hope it helps!

Looks like a transfer reject letter

Yes, thank you. Lots of rejection letters have gone out, it seems. Sad to see it for all those students, but hang on for a solid transfer route. It’s doable.

For those still waiting… no news is obvioulsy still good news.

9 Likes

Does anyone have an opinion on West Texas A&M? My daughter received an email yesterday from them after getting a PSA from Texas A&M CS.

@LMP1 did your daughter apply direct to West Texas A&M? Do they offer your daughter’s intended major choice?
We have friends who have gone there, but they’re all from Amarillo area. They love the campus.