Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yes we realize Mays (marketing) was a long shot. Rank 1st qrtr (17%), SAT 1130(not high score but still submitted it), 17hrs AP/DC, solid leadership roles & extra curricular’s. PTA will be communications.

1 Like

Applied in August.

2 Likes

@Mc5gonzalez there is a Marketing minor offered, which would be great to do with Comm major.

3 Likes

Hang in there. There are a lot of people who haven’t heard anything yet. It’s a shame it is taking so long, but everyone will surely have answers soon. It’s stressful on kids and parents. :frowning:

9 Likes

I just saw on Reddit, the second or third person who said they chose ‘WAITLIST ONLY’ and got full admission. At this point I feel like a trend in 2022 is people who chose ‘WAITLIST ONLY’ have gained admission before people who chose ‘WAITLIST and TEAM’.

2 Likes

What marketing minor? There’s a digital marketing certificate somewhere but the only minor I see is general business minor.

Educate me woman! Lol

Change major is gone this morning which I’m assuming PSA is forthcoming. I am surprised that a kid with decent stats didn’t even get a TEAM or Gateway offer. Off we go to UTD.

6 Likes

I’m sorry there are too many posts for me to read.

I have a question:

After accepting engineering honors (she didn’t have to accept attendance to A&M just to engineering honors) it said 'Engineering Honors Award Pending" am I reading this correctly that she might get an additional merit award for being admitted to Engineering honors? or is the ‘award’ just getting into engineering honors? thank you for any help.

Okay, @sar23 & @ChristiR93 so I am not totally correct…my bad! There is not a specific Marketing minor, just General Business minor (which includes a Marketing course). I was thinking about a thread I read the other day, someone was asking about double majoring or earning certificates with Marketing
Here are a couple certificate suggestions people suggested, that go along with Marketing:

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/interdisciplinary/entrepreneurship-minor/?fbclid=IwAR0TjqP0RoTjRH99uMvu7KgtxjqNZgJkAhsaPAvdfmAN6hUcJBn1OFiqLYc

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/liberal-arts/communication/social-media-certificate/#programrequirementstext

1 Like

Perfect. I was like there’s no way they are doing this.

The business minor is decent and well rounded, but the courses are water downed versions of what a business major takes and I think they are either all online or primarily online. That was even pre covid.

1 Like

@Laura18 where is she seeing this? Scholarships/Awards will show up under Financial Aid tab on her Howdy portal, and she’ll have to accept it.
My Aggie is Business Honors, not Engineering, so I don’t know much about Eng Honors. There’s definitely a chance she could qualify for a small financial award or scholarship (not sure why some are named ‘award’ vs scholarship, but they are…)
My Aggie has several A&M scholarships and awards, and she’s never gotten advance notice that they’ll be coming, she sees them in Howdy first.

I am completely shocked at this! If I’m remembering right, your son/daughter had really high stats. Much higher than many of the kids I know who were already accepted. This is crazy.

Yes, agree that Business minor is just watered down, easier versions of the basic Mays classes. I’d go for a certificate, before a Business minor, I think.
Yes, all Business minors are online, and I’ve read a couple threads that nearly ALL minors classes are online. I know Sports Management minor classes are all online.
There’s some really cool stuff offered thru Ag Parks, Recreation & Tourism. That’s a fantastic major, I think!

@EllyBelly , TAMU’s admission policy has left not just my family but many families and students in shock this year. We know kids with great stats outright offered PSA aka soft reject kinda CAPP for UT. My son is prepared to go to UTD and I believe everything happens for a good reason.

7 Likes

Change major button just disappeared.

2 Likes

I guess the mass PSAs are rolling out. Our Change of Major is gone as well…

1 Like

Some people on Reddit had their change major button disappear days ago and still no PSA. Could the meaning of the disappeared ‘change major’ button have changed?

1 Like

I hope so!

1 Like

so question- do you get 7 tabs for PSA too or only for full admit/blinn/gateway?

Not for PSA - 7 tabs for Full/Team or Gateway only.