Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I’m waiting on my daughter to respond to me. I sent her a text to check. I’ll let you know what she says.

1 Like

@Tuppence22 English. And thanks for the UT Tyler option…looking at UTArlington too- but I submitted UTSA on my CAP agreement already so not sure I can change. Actually really leaning towards Trinity if my parents can afford it. Univ of Tulsa offered me $30K, so that’s a great option too. Other colleges DO WANT US!!

@misterhemmings - I feel like those that were given a choice have been on a roller coaster of emotions, and I’m so sorry for that. And I think it stinks to do this on a Friday too…they don’t want the calls, you’re right. Bet they won’t even send an email to check out status. Ugh. Best of luck to you!

1 Like

@ 52AG82- The " 'Engineering Honors Award Pending" is when she clicks on the application for the engineering honors that she has already been accepted to.

she does have various scholarships that can be found on her Howdy portals, but they total to about 8k, so not really significant next to what she has received at other schools, hoping there are more coming from engineering honors… hoping someone knows :slight_smile: May 1st is quickly approaching and this girl has NOT done much narrowing down of choices.

@Laura18 $8,000 is HUGE, as far as A&M scholarships & awards. Like, ginormous. There are hundreds of valedictorians every year who never get a dime from TAMU, plus thousands of others very high achievers.

Since Change Major button disappeared for so many, wondering if it’s possible that they aren’t ALL PSA. Some folks on Reddit seem to think it isn’t PSA in every case.

2 Likes

Don’t valedictorians get free tuition first year or are you talking oos? I may have missed a beat lol

2 Likes

thanks. she’s a pretty high stats, high ‘holistic’ kid. She’s gotten quite a few full-tuition scholarships as well. just trying to weigh her options right now. we are in state so $ at A&M or UT are worth more than out of state.

1 Like

The rollout of TAMU decision definitely needs to improve, may be sending a letter to the Provost is more effective.

But putting aside the frustration, check if your majors have PSA pathways. Some PSA are very easy for automatic admissions and that even include a few engineering majors. Many of you already have better Plan B so it will be great to go forward now.

6 Likes

True State of Texas valedictorians/highest gpa get 1 year free tuition…but that’s coming from the State of Texas, not from A&M.

2 Likes

At the bottom of the acceptance “offer” page of Engineering Honor, did your student click the “Accept” button or link to really accept it?

Engineering has more scholarship but most awarded after Freshmen year. (apply during Spring semester of Freshmen year)

1 Like

I’m waiting to hear from my daughter. She’s in Italy for a week, so I’m sitting here on pins and needles waiting for her to check!

1 Like

No, it’s not. Got TEAM this week and chose waitlist/TEAM option in January.

2 Likes

yes, she clicked, after that that is when :slight_smile:

this showed up.

1 Like

How fun! where in Italy? I was born and raised there :slight_smile:

1 Like

@FriscoDad , my disappointment really is not even about my son not being offered full admit but the fact that TAMU didn’t even think he deserved alternative path - Gateway or Blinn is heartbreaking really. Did they think that a kid with 10 APs with mostly 4 and some 3 in and top 15% from a competitive high school never got a C in any subject wouldn’t succeed in TAMU ? I mean really to not even test him in summer through Gateway.

13 Likes

that is the same thing that UT said, that there would be more engineering scholarships after freshman year. But that doesn’t help her at ALL as she’s looking for scholarships to help make her decision.

They got to Florence yesterday, then will travel to Rome and then Sorrento. So far, she loves it!

5 Likes

My niece class of 2019 was PSA for Nuclear Engineering got 3.8GPA in Corpus Cristi and transferred back to College Station in one year. She ended up having both Chemical and Nuclear Engineering degrees and is pursuing PhD there now.

9 Likes

@ALN exactly

My daughter still has her buttons and is still in review.

5 Likes