Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@Jendebois , it’s under manage application

I wouldn’t think it means rejection vs psa but I can’t be sure. The last few years we didn’t see flat out rejections like This year.

I wonder if anyone is still on here that got reception letter could share what they saw on AIS and howdy???

1 Like

Last week, a person on Reddit got PSA and the change major button disappeared in both Manage applications and AIS. Not sure why our button only disappeared in manage applications, perhaps they just haven’t gotten around to zapping it in AIS.

This has affected many kids and parents mental health. You need to be in a place where you actually feel wanted, which you deserve.

7 Likes

I know this has been a tough week for many. In the interest of providing info to help future applicants understand this crazy process, a curious thing happened to DS today in AIS. (He recently received full admit from waitlist but since both majors were full, was told to pick another major.) I had previously provided the screen shots of the limited majors available on the drop down list. That list has now changed to include many more majors that weren’t there last week. Looks like just about every major but engineering and business.

6 Likes

Mine were offered PSA and we also knew others who had lower stats and got in. Seems to be no rhyme or reason. Mine decided to go to Blinn and transfer in. The first year goes by so fast it really didn’t matter. Mine lived with a mix of Blinn/TAMU students and was able to go to all of the football games. There are also some orgs who take Blinn students. On the flip side, a friend’s son passed on acceptances from TAMU and UT to go to UTD and loves it. Depends on if your son wants the whole sports and Aggie experience. Either school would be great!

3 Likes

That is very interesting that all the majors are suddenly there now as available/ with space in them. Wonder what that means?

Wow! That is interesting!

cynically my immediate negative mindset goes to: now that TAMU is mass rejecting all those people it’s clearing out the system for the chosen select it already accepted.

3 Likes

I kind of went there too… But then I thought back to “saving the best for last” and maybe they are like…okay, those still standing and haven’t withdrawn your apps, it’s your time to shine! Pick a major- any major! And we reserved some dorm rooms for you too!! I’ve clearly had no sleep this week… :crazy_face:

Good luck everyone!!!

11 Likes

haha - I love your attitude. We need more of that here!

2 Likes

@AnnKiVe , it baffles me that parents and students have to rely on online forums to learn about the admission process and decipher every change in the app. It is sad that TAMU wouldn’t even send an email to update students about their application. I don’t see this level of discussion about admissions in any other school forum - they are mostly about dorms and scholarships.

8 Likes

Congratulations to your twins, I’m sure they’ll both do amazing!!

2 Likes

With the glitches we’ve seen this year… who knows if the change of major button disappearing in one spot vs another means psa or something else.

Losing the change of major button in ALL prior years meant PSA but hey… we’ve seen some weird things this year. I say wait til the actual offer come through. We shall see then what’s to come.

Not trying to give false hope, but I’m like :woman_shrugging:t2: No clue what’s happening right now so why not hope??? There a ton of great stats that are missing the button so….

9 Likes

I just want to thank you and the others who have been a constant on this site doing your best to inform and offer words of encouragement. It has really helped.

11 Likes

I agree. @ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad have been super helpful. Thank you :pray:

14 Likes

who else is freaking out right now??

9 Likes

Fully expecting PSA to hit all our AIS’ within the next 39 minutes— just as Admissions runs out the door to their cars to drive home.

6 Likes

Silly… they’re exhausted. They won’t be running lol

7 Likes

somebody on Reddit said their change of major button disappeared then got Gateway FWIW

5 Likes