Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Our high school currently has AB as a prerequisite to BC. He is taking CE&M now. There is so much to learn!

My youngest, starting high school next year, wants to study environmental engineering or environmental sciences. Starting entire process all over again :grimacing:

I so hope so!! Thank you!!

Sorry, I know this is not TAMU-specific, but looking for FAFSA help. We are having a tough time accessing the FAFSA form to even begin. For the past 7-10 days, we have been getting this error message:

The FAFSA® form is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Anyone encounter this error notice too? Surely the entire FAFSA program cannot be down for over a week, so maybe it is me??? Any tips on how to resolve?

Nothing about this whole process has been easy. From Go Apply Texas glitches to FAFSA errors, we are at our wits’ end!

My ds got his TAMU acceptance (top 25%-homeschooler) and Engineering acceptance on the same day: Oct 21.

5 Likes

Same

1 Like

My ds also received his TAMU acceptance and Engineering acceptance on same day: Oct 21 (Top 25%)

3 Likes

@TD1999 do you mind sharing your sons stats? Congratulations on his acceptance!

@enex1999 - congratulations on your son’s acceptance. Love that the acceptance to engineering happened same day. We’re still anxiously waiting for those 6 tabs. Do you mind sharing stats as well?

Thanks! Sure, here are his stats
Desired Major: Mechanical
Rank 83/615 (13.5%), First Quarter
GPA 3.9
SAT 1410 (670 English 740 Math)
I think it was my son’s ECs that helped his profile. He’s enrolled in our school district’s Engineering Academy Program. He’s required to take all AP Math,Science, Computer Science courses and PLTW Engineering courses and volunteer. He’s also has a mentorship, NASA HAS, robotics, TSA, and won some Engineering STEM competitions (as a member of a team), and a summer job. And for demonstrated interest, did all campus tours including an Aggieland Saturday a couple of years ago and Zachary, met with Engineering Honors faculty and has been attending Physics and Engineering Festival since he was in middle school. Marked that we would take any path offered. We thought we might be offered Galveston (and we know friends who ETAMed from there and loved it) but we’re glad we got College Station.

4 Likes

Hope this helps. Fingers crossed that you’ll hear back soon.

Impressive! Congratulations!

Just curious…have any other homeschoolers been assigned top ten percent, I was recently assigned top ten percent (it changed from top twenty-five percent) after attaching my sat scores to my admissions portal. I’m hoping it’s not a glitch (like last time when they said people were accepted).

2 Likes

@Texas231343 - My son was recently accepted, so he can’t see his ranking any longer, but he was ranked in top quarter. He doesn’t believe it changed before his acceptance.

I would definitely reach out to them because we were told before he submitted his application that homeschoolers would not show top 10% because the auto admit is only for public high schools. If it isn’t a glitch, then that’s great and you can provide what they need to get admission. But if it is a glitch, I wouldn’t take a chance on it delaying your application because they think they are waiting for documentation instead of doing a holistic review.

Good luck!!

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s a glitch…because I only have a 1460 SAT and a 4.0 (with 7 dc classes) and I know that there are people with much better stats. I already asked a question on AIS, so I’ll see what they say when they answer. Tysm!

@Texas231343 - My homeschool/part-time private schooled daughter remains in the top 25% quartile. She was top 1% of her private school, but I’m not even sure private school students qualify for top 10% at TAMU. I think top 10% public school kids also have to send verification transcript showing their status. You might check with admissions just to make sure it doesn’t come back to bite you later.

Yeah…I submitted a question on the AIS.

1 Like

This happened to my older son two years ago. I submitted a transcript on AIS.

1 Like

what happened…did he get accepted as an auto admit (was he a homeschooler and what were his stats)?

He was already an academic admit, but yes he was an auto admit. He had a 33 on the ACT and a 4.0 (with DE classes).

And very few have scores as high as yours. A 1460 is top 3% in the country.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that he was homeschooled.