Thank you to the Aggie families!

Howdy and a big “thank you” to all the Aggie families. I first posted on this board in December 2013 after our family’s visit to TAMU from Phoenix, Arizona. We were very impressed with the campus, the engineering facilities, and the welcoming Aggie students and faculty. My oldest son committed to TAMU just a few months later. That seems like yesterday, but next week he is graduating magna cum laude with a degree in aerospace engineering and with University/Engineering honors.

Over the years since I have gotten a lot of questions answered from the community and a few times have weighed in on topics based on our experience. The board is an incredible resource for potential and actual members of the Aggie family. Members go out of their way for no other reason than to be helpful.

My son was concerned leaving Arizona to go to TAMU, especially because only about three percent of students are OOS. He’s a bit of an introvert, with no interest in football, and is not conservative (maybe he’ll see the light eventually). But he has been welcomed with open arms. He has made lifelong friends, learned to say “y’all,” and sports a large class-of-2018 Aggie ring. He had shot guns and ridden an ATV. He has been challenged academically and well prepared for the next phase of his life, pursuing a PhD in aerospace engineering at the University of Michigan.

Gig ‘em!

Good luck to your son in all his endeavours! GigEm!

@Beaudreau CONGRATS to you and your son. You were so instrumental in helping my and my son navigate all things A&M when our family was going through the process when he applied (and I first posted) in October 2015.
Wishing you and yours all the best.

@Thelma2 - Thank you! It’s great to hear from you. And you have paid it forward to so many others. Good fortune to you and yours.