The Bragging Thread

Some of these don’t show up too well on the white background I use, but if you select them you can see the color name:

AliceBlue, AntiqueWhite, Aqua, Aquamarine, Azure, Beige, Bisque, Black, BlanchedAlmond, Blue, BlueViolet, Brown, BurlyWood, CadetBlue, Chartreuse, Chocolate, Coral ,CornflowerBlue, Cornsilk, Crimson, Cyan, DarkBlue, DarkCyan, DarkGoldenRod, DarkGray, DarkGreen, DarkKhaki, DarkMagenta, DarkOliveGreen, Darkorange, DarkOrchid, DarkRed, DarkSalmon, DarkSeaGreen, DarkSlateBlue, DarkSlateGray, DarkTurquoise, DarkViolet, DeepPink, DeepSkyBlue, DimGray, DodgerBlue, FireBrick, FloralWhite, ForestGreen, Fuchsia, Gainsboro, GhostWhite, Gold, GoldenRod, Gray, Green, GreenYellow, HoneyDew, HotPink, IndianRed, Indigo, Ivory, Khaki, Lavender, LavenderBlush, LawnGreen, LemonChiffon, LightBlue, LightCoral, LightCyan, LightGoldenRodYellow, LightGrey, LightGreen, LightPink, LightSalmon, LightSeaGreen, LightSkyBlue, LightSlateBlue, LightSlateGray, LightSteelBlue, LightYellow, Lime, LimeGreen, Linen, Magenta, Maroon, MediumAquaMarine, MediumBlue , MediumOrchid, MediumPurple, MediumSeaGreen, MediumSlateBlue, MediumSpringGreen, MediumTurquoise, MediumVioletRed, MidnightBlue, MintCream, MistyRose, Moccasin, NavajoWhite, Navy, OldLace, Olive, OliveDrab, Orange, OrangeRed, Orchid, PaleGoldenRod, PaleGreen, PaleTurquoise, PaleVioletRed, PapayaWhip, PeachPuff,Peru, Pink, Plum, PowderBlue, Purple, Red, RosyBrown, RoyalBlue, SaddleBrown, Salmon, SandyBrown, SeaGreen, SeaShell, Sienna, Silver, SkyBlue, SlateBlue, SlateGray, Snow, SpringGreen, SteelBlue, Tan, Teal, Thistle, Tomato, Turquoise, Violet, Wheat, White, WhiteSmoke, Yellow, YellowGreen

ETA: Hmm, feldspar doesn’t seem to be a color any more.

(Who else thinks that IndianRed should be retired as a color name?)

It should go on the shelf along with “Flesh” (peach-ish) color.

I guess my brag is I know where to find this list. :smiley:

[/quote]

This color list was originally developed in the mid-80s as part of the X10 (soon to be X11) project, and was based on the 72 crayon Crayola box.

The nerds that came up with it probably wouldn’t have cared anyway.

Yes I am a dinosaur.

@notrichenough,
You raised the bar… Now you have to create 3-D image. Please brag about it here when you finally create it. I’m happy to craft my own red and blue 3-D glasses at home to try it out. Good luck.

@HiToWaMom - Nah, I think I’m done. B-)

If “flesh” were a color… there would have to be like 17 shades of it… hehe

This must belong in the bragging thread. I saved my bacon today for checking on my bank. I usually paid the whole amount of my credit card monthly, but somehow I was surprised to discover only the minimum payment was scheduled. Good thing my bank let me changed the last minute otherwise I would have to pay for interest for the whole month.

@Madison85, how’d you get bold?

Do bold like this: **surround the bold text with by using b and /b inside of square brackets**

Which gives you

Do bold like this: surround the bold text with by using b and /b inside of square brackets

You can get italics by using i instead of b, and you can combine them:

***Bold and Italic***

Bold and Italic

I used bold no wonder it didn’t work.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

See link **to [color=indigo]learn how to **[color=palevioletred]make your bragging **[color=crimson]stand out *more.

So I guess no one is bragging any more? Maybe I can brag that I told drgoogle, back in post 2733, how to color the font,and it seems to have derailed the thread. Oops.

I can now do color, bold, italic!
Isn’t that bragging? I like this bragging thread!

My dad was in our local newspaper as a living legend of the bar association in our state. He was happy.

I’ll bring it back to the brag (even though it’s very minor). I survived our two week long PhD fellowship orientation crash-course in critical and cultural theory (which, even as an income PhD student in humanities, I’m woefully lacking in).

We were also recently contacted by a BBC journalist who wants to run a half-hour long piece on eugenic sterilizations in the US (my work). I thought that was pretty cool. No idea what’s going to come of it (if anything).

That’s awesome, Romani. Congrats!

S2 has landed an internship in his field! We are all stunned and thrilled. He will be working at his FT cooking job (35 hours/week, started three weeks ago) plus 30 hrs/wk at the internship. Crazy schedule, but he’s getting to do the two things he loves most. I hope he takes these opportunities and runs with them!

Power outage. Other family members were traveling out of state. I was all alone. Drove through the flying tree branches and found the last open grocery store. Hauld several bags of ice for the refrigerator. Spend the night with candle lights and emergency radio. When the power came back after 24 hours, I could set the most complicated alarm clock in my daughter’s room with the help of the instruction manual. I feel all grownup!!!