The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

@Jasklo That’s a different list. That one is by school. @lojosmo is talking about the acceptances by name. We don’t have that yet. I agree with lojosmo . It’s cool to see which schools said yes to the same kid, and ultimately which one they picked.

@modanbsmt001 maybe they can attach gopros to their students heads and we can give our kids virtual reality goggles. I don’t even know if I’m kidding! I know one of our schools is even considering asking their own students to self quarantine if coming back from spring break from a state that has declared an emergency (which my state of CA has done) so Im just waiting for the email to come. I understand, but am still sad.

Can’t you schedule a visit that is independent from a mass accepted students’ day? Seems like these programs would be thrilled to host onesies and twosies of students they’ve accepted or even wait-listed who want to check it out. I, personally, prefer the individual visits over the crowd ones.

@intheburbs lol! That would be entertaining. I hope this all dies down as the weather gets warmer. I wanted to plan visits for the week of Apr 13th when my D is on spring break. I have to admit I am hesitant to book any flights given everything that is going on.

@Dance3Looks3 My D was encouraged to visit and shadow some students on a regular school day. She was able to sit through different classes and have lunch with them as well. She thought this was much better than an acceptance student day because she got a better feel of the school. I would encourage this, if the school will allow it. I know that not all schools will do it.

In our experience last year almost all of the schools were able to schedule “shadow days” or similar visits independent from the big admitted students. I guess that’s the silver lining to the very tiny class sizes and low number of admits … :smile:

also thought this old thread could be helpful to many…

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/1970865-waitlist-class-of-2021-p1.html

Asking again because I didn’t get any responses: Is anyone else still waiting on UArizona? Acceptances, rejections, and WL’s have all been announced so I’m wondering if we were forgotten in the mix!

@NeensMom - I would have your D call U AZ on Monday.

@NeensMom was in your shoes 3 days ago…I think if I were you and didn’t hear anything this coming Monday, I’d call on Tuesday…but I have zero knowledge other than our own WL this week.

my post crossed w @CaMom13 Monday or Tuesday…pool or a pond to revive the caddy shack quotes :smiley:

@NeensMom we have not heard anything from Arizona nor has our portal been updated!

@onceuponadancer, hugs to you and your daughter. This process is so brutal. I hope the waitlist turns into a yes! Definitely keep in touch with the school and let them know it’s your top choice!

My daughter was rejected from her dream school two years ago and was devastated. Even as she headed off to college after choosing among her acceptances, she was STILL mourning the dream school. But once she settled in and made friends and became immersed in the program, she ended up loving the school she’s at and is very happy. Just a bit of hope and encouragement for you!

@NeensMom @PNWdrama - my D also has not heard from Arizona MT or Acting.

@Dance3Looks3 I think the issue is it looks like they may ask people from emergency declared states to stay away, this is only what I’ve seen from this particular school, and applies to their current students too. My D’s spring break is also in two weeks and it’s a cross country trip (we are in CA) so there are so many variables up in the air! I hope we know more in a couple days.

Thanks for the responses. Good to know we aren’t the only ones. Fully expecting a NO at this point. I just want to cross it off the list and move on.

How much weight/importance do you all think is put on the recommendations? Do most schools require one artistic and one academic, either/or? What about a director outside of school that your kid has worked with? What if finding someone reliable to write a good rec is a concern? Just throwing some questions out there for future applicants!

I see some are still waiting on U of Ariz-good luck!!

We are still waiting on Ball State. Saw some no’s went out yesterday. Is anybody else still waiting on Ball State?

We haven’t heard from UA or Ball State.

@wishiknewtgen yes waiting on Ball state here too

@SingerDancerMom My apologies.