The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Hey all - I have been MIA dealing with proactive quarantining and a kid sent home from sophomore year by the same. I know all your seniors must be devastated right now by the cancellation of school, the college kids certainly are. I wanted to send a congratulatory shoutout to @Lilybird4 on American University - that’s awesome news! I am still pulling for good news for the other 2 folks on our good vibes list - @csuram1994 and @BloomingGirl - it may feel like this month has been a decade long but there’s still 10 days left in March …and waitlists move after that. This is a marathon… although this year’s marathon could definitely top any previous ones for stress. I hope you parents are ALL are doing everything you can to care for yourselves - your kids are hard-working and resilient, they will get through this and move on to much better times. Take care of them but don’t forget your own needs, this is a horrible time for us all as we need to move through it together, with as much health, sanity and humor intact as possible. Good vibes to all!!!

Well, my D was not accepted at UCLA which was a hail Mary, but still stings. She seems to be doing ok with it.

This pandemic is truly a horrible situation and I wish all of our families safety and health going forward. So many things cancelled for the high school kids and for the kids, like mine, in college programs and having shows and showcases cancelled that they’ve worked toward all year. We will be thankful to have D safely home from school today before the borders close.

The only thing about having so many talented and creative people on hiatus and cooped up during the pandemic, is that you know SOMEBODY is going to write a hit musical about it.

I’ve already started brainstorming some titles. Don’t be offended by my morbid humour:

1. Dear Evan Hand-Sanitizer
  2. Miss Wuhan
  3. Trump: The Lyin’ King
  4. (Don’t go to) Jersey, Boys

Looking forward to your title suggestions. Keep your kids close (or within 6 ft), and stay well!

1. Flu-zies
  2. The Last Ship: A Princess Story
  3. Rent (Abatement)
  4. Wavin’ Through a Window

OK, I’ll stop now?

Annie Get your Groceries Online
The Last Roll
Remote School of Rock
Six (feet away)
Spring Isolation

@CanaDad and @CaMom13 You just made my day! :slight_smile: We all need a good dose of humor right now. Thank you!! I’m not as clever, especially as I have major corona brain fog these days, but will see if I can come up with any more!

Those are great! I especially like @CanaDad’s #3 :smiley:

I’ve been MIA for a few weeks now, as we were in limbo waiting for a few more schools. As of today, we just have one left, which D feels is likely to be a No, so we’re almost done! Will write more once we have a final decision, but for now our current status is:

1 BA MT admit (back-up)
1 BFA acting redirect
2 BFA MT waitlists
1 BA MT waitlist

D applied to “only” 16 schools, one of which was a non-audition academic safety. Out of the remaining 15, she passed 5 of 7 prescreens and did 12 auditions (after cancelling one).

We did say at the outset that with this number of schools, D should realize that she might get only 1-2 admits, so I guess we’re on track… But she was hoping for at least one true BFA MT admit after all the hard work she put in–and after the hope inspired by the prescreen passes! We may still hang on to see what happens on the 3 waitlists, but am concerned that with the decision deadlines for many schools being pushed back to June 1, it could be a long wait…

Congrats to all who have received good news the last couple of weeks! I’ve been reading through the posts, but there are now too many to respond to!

“Michael in the Bathroom…with no TP”

@toystorymom thanks for sharing, sadly the numbers seem to be " on par" and the 5/7 pre screen passes better than average…yes the wait will likely be longer now, we have 4 wait lists, but dont lose out hope that one or both of those BFA MT WL come through…we are in the fourth quarter but still time left on the clock !

Congrats to all that received acceptances and waitlists and sending a virtual hug to all who received rejections! Considering everything else we have had to endure this week, the rejections seemed to sting extra. The two posters above described my sadness and concerns perfectly. When this is over we plan to see as many live performances from local artists that our budget will allow. Morally and financially they will need our support more than ever.

@StanfordAI2019 - Your love and admiration for D has shone brightly in every one of your posts. I’m so sorry to hear about her diagnosis. I hope the BU rejection was taken in stride. The way you describe her, I get such a sense that this kid is headed for amazing things.

We are done as well! The hope of coming off of Waitlists is leading me to believe that D will ask us to be in this through the Summer with either something miraculously coming through at the last minute or a Gap Year. Soooo more waiting! GAH!!!

LEGALLY BLOND, But Not While the Salon is Closed
NATASHA, PIERRE, and Everyone Else I Can’t See
Sick ONCE UPON A MATTRESS
MY FAVORITE YEAR, Not!
AS YOU Don’t LIKE IT
HELLO DOLLY Across the Street
AIN’T MISBEHAVIN’ While in Isolation
Feeling MISERABLES
COMPANY Is Closed
WORKING From Home
THE WILD PARTY Can’t Happen
THE BOYFRIEND I Can’t Visit
THE PAJAMA GAME (needs no changes!)
SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER Is Closed
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER, And Sunday, And…
THE SOUND OF Handwashing
TWELFTH NIGHT In Quarantine
Toilet Paper FOLLIES
WAITRESS Is Out of Work :frowning:
CHESS While Homebound
Cannot ON THE TOWN
INTO THE WOODS, No Place Else to Go
BRING IN DA Face Masks, BRING IN DA Purell
ME AND MY GIRL Stuck at Home
NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT (needs no changes!)
SHE LOVES ME Even from Afar
SUBWAYS ARE FOR SLEEPING Because Nobody is On ‘Em!
9 TO 5 From Home
NEVER GONNA DANCE If This Keeps Up
Don’t BRING IT ON
FIRST DATE On Skype
A GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO Washing Hands
We’re All PASSING STRANGE Times
STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF (needs no changes!)
AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Must Fly Home
Don’t Have CONTACT
GIRL Is Going CRAZY
HAIR Needs a Cut
FROZEN Veggies Are Sold Out
HALF A SIXPENCE Is All I’ll Have Left After This
FUN At HOME
Don’t KISS ME KATE
Not Nearly NORMAL
RAGS And Clorox
BELLS ARE RINGING, It’ the Delivery Guy!
ONE TOUCH OF Virus
AIN’T TOO PROUD I Bought 8 Packs of Toilet Paper
I LOVE MY WIFE Even After Being Cooped up for Weeks
SUNDAY IN THE PARK With No One
THE Coronavirus HORROR SHOW
URINETOWN With No Toilet Paper
YOU’RE A GOOD MAN, Governor Cuomo
RED, HOT, AND Sick
I CAN GET Toilet Paper FOR YOU WHOLESALE
DAMES AT SEA Because the Ship Can’t Dock
HOW NOW, DOW JONES (needs no changes!)
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS During Covid-19
Don’t COME FROM AWAY
THE MOST HAPPY FELLA Isn’t Sick
ANYTHING GOES, Not!
GRAND HOTEL is Closed
PROMISES PROMISES By Trump
THE ME NOBODY KNOWS Because I’m Isolated
A CLASS ACT Online
ALL SHOOK UP (needs no changes!)
I Wish I Could ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE
MOVIN’ OUT of College
Don’t Come OVER HERE!
HELLO DOLLY On Zoom
PARADE Is Cancelled
GLORY DAYS Will Happen Again
We Need GOOD NEWS
MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG (needs no changes!)
HALLELUJAH BABY! It’s Over!

@CanaDad , @CaMom13 – good job. This is fun

Aveune Q-uilted Northern
Phantom of the Opera – Revealed! [no more masks]
Laid off ‘Waitress’
Did it ‘Miss Saigon?’

No fresh food, so we’re eating ‘Spam-a-lot’
The Book of Mormon #2 – don’t answer the door
No one on ‘42nd Street’
‘A Chorus Line…at Costco’
‘Life with Father’…all day…everyday
‘Oklahoma!’ - 53 confirmed cases
‘Damn Yankees…may not play ‘til June’
‘Kiss Me…Kate…in 2-4 weeks’
(Never) ‘Movin’ Out’
‘Grand [Empty] Hotel’
[No] ‘Contact’
“How to Succeed in Business Without Really Leaving the House”

@soozievt
I am in awe…
@StanfordAI2019
Nicely done!

So funny, no wonder your kids are so talented! They got it from watching you!

Took a brisk walk to clear the fog and came up with:

Rest (In)Side Story

@soozievt already beat me to Don’t Come from Away!

LOL, all! Here are my contributions. (Hard to top @soozievt 's very thorough list!)

Don’t Come From Away
Blow a Kiss at Me Kate
Quarantinetown
Hair’sgray
Warily We Roll Along

Welcome back, @toystorymom . It’s great to hear an update from you. I am pulling for this last school to be the MT BFA admit you’re waiting for.

@Sitzprobe Completely agree about getting out to support the arts when this is done. Fortunately we were able to see several shows when we were in NYC for auditions–so glad we got to catch them before all this happened! I know in our area, many service businesses are asking people to buy gift certificates to help keep the money coming in–just wondered if that would help theatres at all? Or maybe not since the tickets are usually purchased through the big ticket companies? Just a thought…

@StanfordAI2019’s “How to Succeed in Business without Really Leaving the House” may be my favorite so far! ?

My Far Lady
The Drowsy Nurse Practitioner