The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

@MTSthistime , my D’s audition is actually on Sunday, so I guess we won’t see you if your son’s is on Saturday. :frowning: . BAL to him!!!

Yes. My D has her Hartt audition Sunday. We are flying in Saturday and hoping to get on campus Saturday to look around. Not sure if that will work. Maybe we’ll see you.
BAL !!!

@BlessedNStressed , make sure to check out the cute little downtown area in West Hartford. My D went to Hartt a few years back and we loved West Hartford. Lots of great places to eat, and fun to walk around.

I was also wondering about more information regarding unifieds. I remember looking at the list of schools on the website, but that website is no longer up and running. It would be nice to have an updated list of schools that would be at unifieds. Also, I know that other schools have auditions during that same time in Chicago that aren’t part of unifieds so they hold them at near by places. Does anyone have any input as to what schools that might be and where those auditions would be at? This is our first year going through this process so any information would be quite helpful. What schools? Walk-ins, do you look for those openings each morning? Would 3 auditions in one day be too much? TIA

For those of you that have already auditioned at Baldwin Wallace for MT, can you tell me what time the audition ended? Trying to make flight arrangement for son’s audition in Feb. Thanks!

@tygerpig You can find out which schools will be at Unifieds by looking at each schools website. For the schools that are off-site, those schools give that information to the students who have scheduled auditions with them. For walk-ins, yes, you will need to walk the halls each morning at the hotel to see who might be offering walk-in slots this year. In regards to how many auditions in one day is too much, it truly depends on your student and their comfort level. Some like to only do 1-2 a day and others can bang out 4.

@tygerpig I’ve been through this once before with my older daughter. Unified walk-ins are a fun way to fill in the blank spots in their unified schedules and it is certainly possible to find a program you had no idea about and get a walk-in and an offer. My older daughter did have that experience… BUT, walk-ins are really extra. The number of auditions depends on timing and dance calls. Some don’t have dance calls… kids can handle a lot of those. If they have a dance call then that’s an hour or more. If they have a dance call and an information session it’s 2 1/2 to 3 hours for that school. My older daughter did I think 7 auditions in one day in Chicago… 2 scheduled 5 walk ins. But that’s A LOT… and not normal. I’m trying to schedule 2 per day for my younger daughter, 3 if they don’t have a dance call, and then she can fill in with walk-ins if she feels like it when we’re there. As for the schools… there is a great list on this site that some people have put together. I’ll try to find it and link to it.

@tygerpig look back at post #677. There is the link to the thread with the Unifieds on and off site and if they take walk ins. Once you click on the link in post 677 on this thread, you’ll have to go to the LAST post to see the most recently updated list on that thread.

@NYYFanNowMTdad @muttsandMT and @WDWMom --We were also at OCU on Nov. 16. D20 auditioned for double major MT and VP. Her heart is more in VP, so this is the only school where she auditioned as a double major. OCU is by far her first choice because of the size, distance from home, and fact that she can double major so easily. She was also not asked to sing her aria but was asked to sing two of her art songs (one Spanish, one English) and her more “current” MT song. As a possible double major, she had to bring 5 songs with her! We had a great time–even going to the first act of the opera the night before. Anyone’s kid applying for VP at some other schools instead of MT? We had our Baylor VP audition yesterday, and dd just heard she passed prescreens for UNT. We wont’ do Unifieds or anything like that because dd’s first love is singing. She did college auditions at ITF and has a BFA admission offer at St. Mary’s Minnesota.

My daughter auditioned in November and finished at about 4 pm. Good luck to him. My daughter loved the faculty and students there. It has been her favorite audition day so far

@tygerpig : I had this copied in my excel file

Unifieds 2019
The universities listed below will conduct simultaneous auditions and interviews for entry into their theatre programs. If you are interested, please apply directly to the institutions. For additional locations and times, including on-campus auditions, please contact each institution.

The University of the Arts
Ira Brind School of Theater Arts
320 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
215-717-6030
www.uarts.edu

Boston Conservatory at Berklee
Theater Division
8 Fenway
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
617-912-9153 Admissions
admissions@bostonconservatory.edu
www.bostonconservatory.edu

Cornish College of the Arts
Theater/Performance Production Departments
1000 Lenora Street
Seattle, Washington 98121
800-726-2787
www.cornish.edu/theater
www.cornish.edu/performance_production

The University of Evansville
Department of Theatre
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47722
812-488-2744 / 800-423-8633 ext. 2744
theatre.evansville.edu

The Hartt School-Theatre Division
University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, Connecticut 06117-1599
860-768-2460
hartford.edu/hartt

Ithaca College
Department of Theatre Arts
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, New York 14850-7000
607-274-3345
ithaca.edu/theatre

University of Michigan (NOT in NYC)
Department of Theatre & Drama
1226 Murfin Avenue
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1212
734-764-5350
www.music.umich.edu/departments/theatre

Northern Illinois University
School of Theatre & Dance
Stevens Building 221
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
815-753-1334
www.niu.edu/theatre

Otterbein University
Department of Theatre & Dance
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, Ohio 43081
614-823-1657
www.otterbein.edu/theatre

Point Park University
Theatre Department
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222-1984
412-392-3451
www.pointpark.edu

Roosevelt University
The Theatre Conservatory
Chicago College of Performing Arts
430 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60605
312-341-6735
www.roosevelt.edu/ccpa

Savannah College of Art and Design
School of Entertainment Arts
P.O. Box 2072
Savannah, Georgia 31402-2072
912-525-5100
scad.edu/performingarts

Texas Christian University
Department of Theatre
TCU Box 297510
Fort Worth, Texas 76129
817-257-7625
theatre.tcu.edu

Viterbo University
Department of Theatre and Music Theatre
900 Viterbo Drive
LaCrosse, Wisconsin 54601
608-796-3793
viterbo.edu/theatre-music-theatre-department

Ball State University
Department of Theatre and Dance
2000 West University, AC 306
Muncie, Indiana 47306-0415
765-285-8740
www.bsu.edu/theatre

University of Cincinnati
College-Conservatory of Music
Division of Theatre Arts, Production
and Arts Administration
P.O. Box 210003
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0003
513-556-5803
ccm.uc.edu

Emerson College
Department of Performing Arts
120 Boylston Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116-4624
617-824-8780
www.emerson.edu
www.emerson.edu/PAartisticreview

Florida State University
School of Theatre
540 West Call Street
239 Fine Arts Building
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-1160
850-644-7257
theatre.fsu.edu

Montclair State University
Department of Theatre & Dance
0335 Life Hall
Montclair, New Jersey 07043
973-655-7000
www.montclair.edu/arts/theatre-and-dance

University of Miami
Department of Theatre Arts
P.O. Box 248273
Coral Gables, Florida 33124-4820
305-284-4474
miami.edu/thetrearts

University of Oklahoma
Weitzenhoffer School of Musical Theatre
840 Asp Ave, Room 104
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-4091
405-325-0538
musicaltheatre.ou.edu

University of Oklahoma
Helmerich School of Drama
640 Parrington Oval OSH 121
Norman, Oklahoma 73019
405-325-4021
ou.edu/drama

Pennsylvania State University
School of Theatre
116 Theatre Building
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
814-863-6819
theatre.psu.edu/programs/musical-theatre

Rider University
Musical Theatre Department
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648
609-896-5000
rider.edu/musicaltheatre

Southern Methodist University
Meadows School of the Arts
Division of Theatre
P.O. Box 750356
Dallas, Texas 75275-0356
214-768-2079
meadows.smu.edu

University of Utah
Department of Theatre
240 S 1500 E PAB Room 206
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
801-581-6448
www.theatre.utah.edu

Webster University
Conservatory of Theatre Arts
470 East Lockwood Avenue
Saint Louis, Missouri 63119-3194
314-968-6929
www.webster.edu/finearts

Quick question for Onette (or anyone who was at Hartt on Sunday!):

My D said the person who was at the table for her Hartt MT audition was named Tracey, but when we checked the website to find her last name, there are 2 Traceys in the theatre dept! D said she wasn’t sure which one she saw based on the photo–and one didn’t have a photo… Onette mentioned someone from Hartt named Tracy was at CAP auditions, so assuming it’s the same person? Would you know her last name?
Thanks!

@toystorymom, Tracey Moore was in my daughter’s audition room. I assume she was probably also the one at the table, but I can’t say for sure.

Pretty much all schools are at Unifieds one way or another. Look at a particular school’s website audition days. You’ll find they often are the same dates as Unifieds in NYC/Chicago/LA. Not every school holds them at the Palmer Hotel for instance in Chicago. But all locations are nearby via walking or cab. Walk In auditions are just add ins you can’t plan on until you are onsite. For instance in Chicago they have a listing of daily walkins at concierge desk. NYC posts on the studio boards. Not sure about LA but I know that’s the most laid back Unifieds. But LA is very deep in the audition calendar. So best to knock out lots of auditions prior for best results if you can. We found campus auditions to be more fruitful than the cattle call of Unifieds. But others liked Unifies best. So do what works for your family best financially. But don’t stress about walk ins. No way to know who will have them or not until you are onsite. So apply to programs you really want an audition to prior to Unifieds. Break legs.

Thanks, Eliza Doolittle! That was the Tracey that made the most sense on the dept list, but wanted to double-check… :smile:

Did anyone audition at BoCo last Saturday? I’m wondering how many students auditioned as Sunday there were only 22 which surprised us!

I have a scheduling conflict with two schools at Unifieds after passing a prescreen that I wasn’t expecting to. As much as I would like to be at two places at once, it is just not possible. How do I go about fixing this issue?

Any UCLA applicants? My D20 applied as her reach/lottery school just to see what happens. It is such a mystery who they invite to audition. It seems new this year that the applicants submitted the Theatre Supplement prior to the invite so not sure if they are using more than in the past to decide on who gets an audition. Her stats are definitely below their average for all other majors but not crazy low. I will be sure to post whether or not she gets to audition along with her stats for future applicants to have some idea.

Today is the day BW said they would make decisions from the Fall auditions. Has anyone heard from them yet?

@crazytheatregoer If the school scheduled the audition for you, call or email the theatre dept and ask to change the audition due to scheduling conflict. Look at their theatre page … they all tend to have emails such as “auditions@school.edu