The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Has anyone heard from Indiana U and if so, is it via Accepted or phone calls…

Indiana U sent acceptance emails this afternoon.

@ moosegirlemy2, email notification.

Does anyone have any information on the status of FSU decision notifications? I read that phone calls were made earlier this week, but does anyone know if emails have been sent yet?

Also where to check the status of FSU MT?

@jianzhou - this is a quote from the FSU rep, she posted it to a query on the acting board but this related to MT:

“Admitted students will receive a phone call; alternates (wait list) will receive a letter in the mail; declined students will receive an email. I am hoping to have results out somewhere between February 27th and March 2nd, but the applicants have definitely made it difficult to make decisions!”

@lkcmom I also find this process very confusing. It seems so random but then not. Like there are unwritten rules that some people know and others, like my daughter and me, do not. It’s so frustrating!

@rickle1 - Just seeing your post on this thread - after responding to your post on another thread.

So sorry about the UNCSA decision. – I’m sure your daughter will land in a good place. :slight_smile:

Break a leg to everyone attending audition day at Wagner tomorrow. My daughter’s friend loves it there.

For any HS juniors on this thread preparing for next year, the Backstage magazine just arrived in the mail today and it is dedicated to the musical theatre college audition process. It has interviews with the heads of CCM, Michigan, and CMU asking what specifically they are looking for in candidates.

this is still the venting thread right???

OK - good…

gotta love it when a . school who rejected you sends you a nice big envelope celebrating your " fine arts talent award" . Cant make this stuff up?!?!?

I mean I know you just want my tuition money so why not call it the " we feel bad we rejected you scholarship"??

^ sad but funny!

@NYYFanNowMTdad not ironic at all that they are institutions of high ed and aren’t demonstrating competence in interdepartmental communication and coordination! They should get their MBA students in there to rework their systems. Yeesh!

@NYYFanNowMTdad Oy vey!

Yeah … I’m glad I was home yesterday when the mail came so I could hide the big envelope with the $25,000/year scholarship to the school that rejected her the day before.

Honestly, how hard would it be to ask in the application whether they’d want to be considered for other majors at the school if they’re not accepted to the MT BFA? That would cut down on a lot of this. Though I admit … the scholarship offers and academic acceptances that came on the heels of the pre-screen failures were particularly awful.

@NYYFanNowMTdad - you nailed it. Two of the most unorganized folks are 1) Theatre people (until showtime) and 2) Academia. Here, we get to see them work together. Also, agree on the MBA’s. Give this problem to a group of 1st year interns and they could knock it out in 8 weeks.

@Dance3Looks3 we have had plenty of academic acceptances/scholarships, easy enough to explain away/ disregard…but a fine arts talent scholarship when you didnt accept her into the BFA program!!! W.T.F??

@NYYFanNowMTdad contact the school to see if the rejection was a mistake. Strangely, we were warned this might happen at VA Tech for Theatre. My daughter competed for a performing arts scholarship and a professor called her a few days later to say they were impressed and planned to offer her the scholarship if she was accepted. They said admissions made that decision and if she was rejected to call him so Performing Arts could advocate for her. Luckily my daughter was accepted, but I was left wondering about how well the school is run.

@mindfulmom appreciate that but at this stage she has offers at schools she would choose over this recent faux pax one so its fine, just a classic example of how Fubar this process is

@NYYFanNowMTdad Ugh!

As @intheburbs and others have pointed out, they should should be able to correct this; some schools hold out hope the applicant will be interested in an ancillary BA program and not just the BFA or BM programs and for some applicants this is an appealing fit (if not the applicant’s first choice).

It would be great for each university to have a “please check this box” option if you don’t want any further correspondence from us if you are rejected from our BFA or BM programs." It would save them from wasting time and printed material too. All parties would benefit.