The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

DD had a great visit at Nazareth yesterday! What a concept, she was ON CAMPUS and went inside buildings, and talked to real people without a camera involved. Whew!!!

Made me realize how hard this has been for all classes affected by covid. And as Brene Brown says, we don’t have to have suffering Olympics as to who is affected more it has been HARD for our kids, esp. those anywhere near or in the college process for MT!!!

Anyone else with Naz experience, love to hear it. Have already had fantastic help from some parents there!!

12 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

And another yes…I think? UAB! Though it says “pre-musical theater.” Any other UAB people see this on their acceptance emails? @Momager78 @mythreelulus Anyway, hooray for my DD!!

14 Likes

I don’t have any insight on the acceptance but wanted to say CONGRATS! So excited for your sweet D.

(UAB) Way to go!!! Congratulations to your daughter!!!

thank you so much!!

1 Like

thank you!!

1 Like

This is what I am crossing all the fingers and all the toes for…the great visit and it all clicks into place, checkbook in hand.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Yahooo! I have been thinking of you and UAB! Yes, it says “Pre Musical Theater” on my daughter’s acceptance letter. They actually gave her a deadline of tomorrow. She said she was going to ask for an extension because we don’t have financials for all other schools yet (think BOCO). It has been radio silence here for a few days in regards to school talk, so I am not even sure what my daughter is thinking at this point… Arghhhh!

4 Likes

my daughter is spinning! Wouldn’t that be fun if they land together??? Well we would like it anyway!!

1 Like

thanks so much!!! Amen to that

1 Like

Hooray for her! So excited about her choices! Decisions, decisions! Congrats! :heartpulse::performing_arts:

1 Like

@NYYFanNowMTdad – is it Chazz? He’s probably a bit too old though to have a Freshman daughter. Is it Lillo Brancato’s kid? That guy is a great redemption story.

@StanfordAI2019 --its Chazz, maybe 2nd marriage :slight_smile: :rofl:

on a related note, I heard people thought my D classmate at BW was related to the NY Gov. based on the names printed on the 2024 banner, but that is false no relation, just a lot of Italians in NY :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@dharmawins congrats again, so many options now, so great & to think not that long ago you were worried about being shut out!? :smiley: cant wait for your final decision story/ details

2 Likes

Has anyone had any luck asking for more funds? Financial aid? Scholarships? Grants? Work-Study? Anything? If so, what suggestions do you have? Willing to try anything at this point. Well, not “anything” but, you know what I mean. :wink:

1 Like

Just ask!. My D did last year and she was given a departmental scholarship for all 4 years. Never hurts to ask; the worst they can say is “no”

We have. Haven’t heard back. Starting to panic a bit. :expressionless: Top choice to much more expensive than others, of course. Thank you.

I miss the people but not the stress - so glad to have this over. How is your daughter liking PP?

2 Likes

@NYYFanNowMTdad thanks so much!!! if we ever get to the final decision i will write the story lol!!!

2 Likes