The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

crickets form wagner. but i believe they updated the site about the time of accepted students day. this saturday!

1 Like

hey! you will hear from ithaca way before april 1. it should be in a week or two. i can’t speak to the others. my d got a no from ithaca but she also auditioned very early. good luck! was the marymount yes academic or artistic also?

feel you! they did just post the accepted and waitlisted times are at 4 pm for wagner if that helps!!

Where did they post that? 4:00 pm when?

Marymount was both academic and artistic. Full decision. Thanks for the Ithaca info!

Wagner posted that the Zoom Q&A sessions will be at 4pm on Feb 20 for accepted students, and 4pm on Feb 27 for waitlisted students. That is on their website.

1 Like

She’s not wrong! Actually before she graduates (from college), since they start auditioning for summer stock fall of freshman year. Thankfully, my freshman daughter has her studio coach to help guide her through the process, select her materials, etc. Except for asking me to weigh in on head shot selection I haven’t been involved at all.

1 Like

Right, but when will we know who is supposed to go to those Zooms!

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Wagner’s notification date/process for the recent auditions. Oddly enough, my S has been on the waitlist since October. He auditioned for them in mid-Oct at Cleveland Unifieds, and was notified (via email from the faculty) within a few days that he was on the waitlist. It was followed up by an official letter (via snail mail from admissions) in early Jan. We were so surprised that they had a waitlist so early - the process was confusing for sure!

Wow. Thank you for letting me know. That is good to know. Congratulations to him!

sorry it’s on their website. 4 pm saturday the 20th and the 27th

was marymount one letter? my daughter got a letter and scholarship but we assumed it was academic only? sorry to be so pushy about it just wondering if she missed the artistic piece. was it the same letter. thanks

No, two different letters (and for us the scholarship came with the academic acceptance). You can check the portal to read all the letters. You can get an academic acceptance and an artistic rejection (or acceptance or waitlist), but it’s pretty clear -“you have been accepted/waitlisted for the BFA
”

thanks!!

has anyone else gotten a priority call from UNCSA

For Wagner, I am not sure how things worked for any of the outside organizations that held auditions with them. I can only speak for what my son did. He applied to the school in September, all our research and their theatre page said you had to be accepted to the college first then you would be invited to audition. He got the email invite to audition on Dec 9th and had to notify of his intent to audition by January 1st. All auditions needed to be in by January 18th. When he submitted his video, he received an email that stated they would notify students starting on February 8th.
Prior to the holidays, he had a couple of meeting with two different music department heads as well.
We are not sure how they are notifying but yes, they did update and say they were having zooms on the 20th and 27th at 4.

Does anyone know how university of michigan gets back to you on acceptances for their MT program
 Ive heard that some people get calls and others will get emails

My daughter has a friend who got in last year and they were called.

My D received an academic acceptance letter on December 21st (with academic scholarship info included), and then the BFA acceptance letter on Jan 27th (with talent scholarship included).

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Florida State post-callbacks? My daughter had a couple kids tell her that they think Florida may be posting decisions later this week but she isn’t sure that is accurate.