The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

gm everyone! did anyone’s d or s do walk ins this weekend? my d did them and kind of loved it! we decided it was speed dating:)

love to hear when anyone hears back from the schools!!

and happy monday! may we all hear great news these next few weeks!!

1 Like

Good morning. Was the call from Coastal Carolina for MT?

Congratulations on the great news!

1 Like

Yes, the call came CCU’s MT department.

So they have sent out some no’s? I’m curious how many received this email. My D got one too.

Thank you! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats!!!

1 Like

They have- I don’t know how many of each!! Good luck!!

1 Like

Ok, so I need to make a clarification. Someone in the know posted on the MT Parents FB group that CCU has not made any artistic decisions yet. My S was not the only one totally confused by this call in which a current student says, “this is so-and-so calling from the theater department and we’d like to congratulate you on your acceptance.” Apparently this was to congratulate him on his academic acceptance and to answer any questions he might have. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

has anyone gotten a call from UNCSA

Congratulations!

All of the emails and phone calls are getting very confusing! We got an “updated portal” email from Ball State last week with an “admissions decision,” and thought since she had been admitted to the university weeks before, with an academic scholarship offer, that this must be an artistic decision. It wasn’t. It was another letter from the university president congratulating her on her admittance - to the university.

As an aside, still no artistic decision from Oklahoma City University. I think they are slammed with digital submissions. Counselor says they are still going through them and will announce decisions before April 1.

1 Like

Should my son be concerned that none of the schools are following his Instagram? I think he said only one school is, and he just looked a bit ago.

OMG no…not at all. I only know of one school that sometimes follows the kids…don’t even think twice about this!

1 Like

We were told on Ball State’s parent Zoom that artistic acceptances would not be shown on the portal. They will contact students directly from the department.

1 Like

My son is a sophomore MT. I’m happy to talk to you about the program. I run a page in FB, MT Parents. Join us over there

Anyone have info on Northern Colorado, esp. any students who have gone there??

DD just got her acceptance and she is thrilled. LOVED the program director at her audition. Kindest human, she said!!

Thanks to all!

3 Likes

FYI most Insta pages by an MT department are volunteer jobs assigned to a current MT student in a program. It’s typically not managed by the professors/department. So I wouldn’t stress too much about if your kid is followed or not. It’s only as good as the volunteer managing it that year which it typically a college kid volunteer.

2 Likes

Yes. We never worried about this. During auditions one Director of an MT department had obviously looked at my daughters tutorial IG channel bc it was mentioned in her Wild Card Video and gave her a lot of positive feedback on it. My daughter was tickled she had taken the time to really look at it, but I don’t think she or the school ever followed it or her personal IG. We can make ourselves crazy looking for rhyme or reason-and I’m as guilty as everyone else, lol! Sending peaceful vibes to everyone today as we wait!

1 Like

Anyone hear back yet from Univ. of Utah MT after their audition? What’s their typical timing for sending out the yeses and no’s?