The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Congratulations on that Ithaca wait list! Hopefully it will move!

3 Likes

a must have (wine). Iā€™ve even had my husband make me cocktails on the bad nights.

7 Likes

Congrats on Ithaca waitlist.

1 Like

My daughterā€™s Ithaca portal is still unchangedā€¦I feel like she has been so close with so many schools. Almost makes it worse. Iā€™m glad she got the CMU rejection after going through three rounds instead of waiting until yesterday for a no. Know what I mean? CCM was similar. Lots of positive reinforcement during audition and emails that sheā€™s still in the running, then a no-not even a waitlist. Who knows what to expect? Would love just one more acceptance as a confidence builder at this point. Iā€™m grateful to the people here who can listen and relate, bc I donā€™t have anyone else going through this. Iā€™m ready for this obsession to be over, lol!

12 Likes

Re: wagner

Has anyone gotten an artistic acceptance yet?

RE: WAGNER
such a great question!!! We have not! We may have an issue though on our end with the submission of audition material (as in DD is not totally completely sure whether she got it in or not!!!) But I have heard third hand of a few acceptances but lots of people have heard nothing I believe.

Limbo on Ithaca too (hope they donā€™t see how many times you check portal, yikes!)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s true about CMU. Getting that ā€œyouā€™re still in the runningā€ and then waiting and getting the no is hard. But we are moving onā€¦Hoping for more good news for your D today/this week/next week!!!

5 Likes

What a nice husband!!! Please let this all be over soon!!!

1 Like

Definitely. The CMU ā€œnoā€ was a tough one. The building excitement round after roundā€¦ and then the flatline of the ā€œnoā€.

1 Like

Brutal!

Yup. Iā€™d love to know how many kids were ā€œstill under considerationā€ after that next to last round. Iā€™d also love to know whether the last callback weekend with like 30 kids was really them just narrowing the pool again or what they said ā€“ needing to see more from certain students. WE all want to know how the sausage is made!!! hahaha

7 Likes

If they see how many times you check the portal we are all screwed!! LOL!

8 Likes

Has anyone else NOT heard from Utah and Ball State? Have heard of others with yesā€™s for both for a few weeks, and I believe some noā€™s (can anyone confirm theyā€™ve heard noā€™s have gone out for Utah? Iā€™m confident on BSU) but weā€™ve heard nothing from either school since auditions. Happy (?!) to keep waiting, just would take comfort in knowing we arenā€™t the only ones. Thanks!!

We got a No last weekend from BSU - we didnt apply to Utah.

S got acceptances from Ball State & Otterbein last week. Taking a trip to see both of them this weekend!

7 Likes

Weā€™re still waiting on Ball State too!

2 Likes

If you go visit BSU this weekend - please find a Pizza King and have pizza for me. Oh do I crave me a royal feast. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, weā€™ll check it out!

Sheā€™s doing class observations at Ball State (invited by theater dept email) but no decision yet. Classes are making her even more interested, hoping for good news soon