The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Congrats to him! The one thing I really liked about FSU was that there are several productions with open casting (other disciplines can audition).

1 Like

I feel exactly the same way. One more acceptance would mean everything, but certainly donā€™t want to sound greedy for those who are waiting for their first yes. I SO know the feeling. And I am also the only person I know going through this, so being able to interact with people also are navigating these waters is so so helpful. So thank you!

5 Likes

Based on the balance of the FSU comments, it sounds like that ship has sailed for my MN girl ~

So much for weekends at the beach :desert_island:!

One step closer to a decisionā€¦that is a bright side.

Grateful for all of you.

3 Likes

#Truth.

Well said!

I recall last year one parent being distraught when they got the BW waitlistā€¦we were thrilled it was not a NO. #so you are saying theres a chance :slight_smile: :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah, we need a first yes in our house. Have six to hear from.

10 Likes

(BST) Virtual classes offered by MT department. May be all for nothing but at least they get to feel the vibe of college life (on zoom)!

Do you have an official tour/meeting set up with Otterbein?

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this about BSUā€¦that is definitely not cool. Sometimes I think the left hand doesnā€™t know what the right hand is doing. Iā€™m pulling for your daughter! There are better things to come!

Yes, we set up a campus tour with Otterbein admissions, then the theatre department arranged for meetings with faculty and the opportunity to sit in on a class. They are so nice!

1 Like

#so you are saying thereā€™s a chance

:dancing_women:

3 Likes

Going out for LONG walks without my phone!

3 Likes

We have NOT heard from Utah yet. I know of at least one girl who got a yes via email o Monday night. Intel from the kidsā€™ Elle Woods FB group indicated that some received noā€™s on Monday as well.

For the person out there with zero acceptances: it. will. be. okay.

I was in the exact same place last year, zero acceptances and five waitlists, and come August none of them came through. An artistic acceptance is not an indicator of talent, strength, or perseverance. I decided to attend one of my academic schools (Univ. of Michigan) and within two weeks of the start of school I booked a lead and was thrown into the semesters largest production. I know itā€™s MUCH easier to say all this from the other side, but, regardless, no matter where you end up, and no matter whether itā€™s with a BFA or not, there will be opportunities to create. Yā€™all got this.

21 Likes

this is so wonderful! thank you for sharing! one question ā€“ my D has been accepted to UMich acting and was told during info session that acting students couldnā€™t audition for MT shows. Was the show you were in in the Fall through the acting department or a student show? Glad to know there are MT opportunities for non-MT students!!

1 Like

Thank you for this post! My D just got her 5th rejection today (Otterbein) and Iā€™ve tried to say all of the right things (including going to a school she is still intrigued by after an academic acceptance and artistic rejection) where non MT students can audition for productions, so this hit home for me (and I made her read it). Needless to say we are desperately waiting for a ā€œyesā€ here. 7 more to hear from :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

congrats to your D! there are two big companies for MT at UM. UProd are the official productions that are only open to MT majors. MUSKET is the other organization. It isnā€™t the ~official official~ one, BUT it has the same budget, same venue, and same auditionees. Theyā€™re both super legit, MUSKET produced Pasek and Paul, AKB, and some others, the only difference is MUSKET puts 4-5ish non MTs in each show.

4 Likes

Iā€™m praying for you all!!!

Thatā€™s so great to hear!!! Yay! What show did you do in the Fall?

Ohā€¦I found it! Newsies!! So cool. I see that our friend Sevon from TN was in the show with you. Iā€™ll bet it was amazing! Dare I ask what role you played?

Was your D or S accepted for Acting or MT? We are hoping to visit soon. My daughter has an acting/dance minor offer from them but originally applied for MT. We are comparing the differences between MT and Acting curriculum, but really like the fact that it seems to be a strong dance program.