The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

Haha funny how so many problems are centered around applications in general, but especially teacher recommendations. I guess it’s harder than I expected to involve other people in the app process because they can be unreliable or (as was the case with one teacher) you take it more seriously than they do

My math teacher told me that he would “start the recommendation exactly one week before it was due.” There’s only 5 days left and he hasn’t started. I did send him an email though. He hasn’t replied. But there are quite a few students in my grade who are also applying to schools… Maybe he didn’t estimate his time correctly.

Im so worried >.< 20% lower ssat than preferred for my dream school. Already buying ice cream and a box of tissues :frowning: (:expressionless:

I’m hoping for the best, but I’m well prepared for rejection. I’m just telling myself that there are much worse things in the world to experience than a private school rejection letter.

Yay, I submitted Choate yesterday.

So now I have 7 more to submit within the next 5 days!!!
Oh, and then a few more by the 31st/Feb. 1st.

This whole process is just so stressful!!!

Btw, the 1 good thing out of Choate having a earlier deadline is that I worked on their essays for way longer than the other schools bcus I was so scared about finishing it on time.

Hmm, I jjust realized - maybe Choate purposely has an earlier deadline for that reason (to get more out of applicants).

What would you think of a school whose interview is recommended but not required?

Like Middlesex ^

From their webiste:

That’s what I think about interviews.

I mean they say that we are searching for students that are most suitable for our school not necessarily the best but how isit possible that you know a person well without talking to them? Does it mean that in schools like MX place more weight on academics rather than the person that YOU are?

Does anyone know if Choate gives decisions on M10 even though they have an earlier deadline?

Choate’s website (http://www.choate.edu/page.cfm?p=530) says that they give decisions out on M10.

One of my teachers submitted the rec, but he/she (preserving anonymity, don’t know who reads this) told me that he/she submitted the rec for one school, but really he/she submitted it online for the OTHER school, so I’m really hoping it wasn’t messed up?! My extracurricular and other teacher haven’t even opened their electronic requests yet AGH I’M SO STRESSED OUTTTTTT… hopefully they are just drafting it out on paper and then typing it in when they are finished?

i decided to apply “late in the game” around the beginning of nov. because i wasn’t certain about applying to a boarding school at first, but now i’m completely certain and REALLY want to go. should i mention this somewhere in my application so they don’t think i’m a complete procrastinator?!

@jmtabb: Yes, I noticed that as well. I couldn’t find any meet results/details on the Exeter website at all. I did find this, however. It is just the results for one of the meets posted on Swimming World Magazine, but it might help for reference…http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/results/pdf/NEW_ENGLAND_PREP.pdf

lately, i’ve just been repeating … I LOVE THE SCHOOL…I LOVE THE SCHOOL…I LOVE THE SCHOOL…I LOVE THE SCHOOL to keep up my effort and perseverance for the last four days. BUUTTTTT…it’s only FOUR more days until January 15 so we can DO this and keep working hard guys!!

@thelittleswimmer I try telling that to myself too! I am only applying to one school though, and I regret taking the January SSAT test since I was so late into the game. But I don’t want to end up liking the school too much because it will hit me hard when rejection comes :smiley:

@vanillapuff Oh my goodness, I only applied to one school also. I love the school so, SO much. M10 will hit hard. And also, M10 is like two weeks before Spring Break. Sigh.

Arggghh trying to take things a week at a time and focus on school, but its so hard knowing that in a few weeks i’ll get decisions that could potentially decide my whole future. And random but just wondering is EVERYONE on this thread a swimmer except me? Haha lax player forever!! :wink:

I just joining but I’m a swimmer too Lol… I would love to play lax though I love it. too bad Jamaica doesn’t really have it

Swimmers for the win, am I right? XD

I just went through this thread again and I noticed a lot of people are spplying for Exeter, and I am too. Tough competetition ahhh