The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

Loool @mathman1201‌ It still looks really great. Your form is amazing

Speaking for my daughter, her fave by far is butterfly, any distance. She’d rather do 200 fly over a 50 back.

me too @jmtabb I would slow down all the time because I used to collide with the pool edge really badly when I was small lol pool edge phobias

I am terrible at backstroke. I try and try to go as fast as I can on the 100 back, do the fastest turns that I can, but I just cannot lose any time. My 200 backstroke time is the worst…I think it’s over three minutes for SCY :frowning:

I like fly and I think I have the proper technique/form, but I don’t have the energy/stamina to maintain a fast consistent speed for longer than a 75 :stuck_out_tongue:

But I love breaststroke and freestyle :slight_smile:

Question: Which is more of a pain to swim: the 200 Fly or the 400 IM? :wink:

We had a meet this weekend with several teammates swimming the 200 fly for the first time. All thought the 400im was “easier” than 200 fly.

It’s generally agreed on my daughters team that 200 fly, long course (in a 50 meter pool) is the worst of the “short” distances.

@jmtabb: 200 Fly long course seems brutal. I have only swum the 200 fly once, and that was in short course, and even then I thought it was pretty hard! I think the 400 IM gives your arms somewhat of a break in the breaststroke, which is probably why it seems easier.

@02gloves which schools did you apply to? I applied to Exeter :smiley: basically setting up myself for rejection though.

@FuturePA17 Lol that’s not me!! That’s Michael Phelps. :stuck_out_tongue: I wish it was me!

I’ve never swam the 200 Fly, but I doubt that it’s worse than the 400 IM.

Just a question: I swam the 100 Back (SCY) this weekend, and I got a 1:02. Is that good enough for Varsity or JV at boarding school? (Taking into account that I’ll probably get faster by ninth grade)

@mathman1201: Assuming that you are a guy (hence: “mathMAN”), when looking at the Sectional times from my area’s division, it looks like the Sectional time for a male in 100 Back SCY is 56 seconds (but you’re in 8th grade, so it shouldn’t matter). Additionally, looking at the National Age Group Motivational Times, it looks like 1:02 is in between an “A” time and an “AA” time, which is good. I believe both JV and Varsity teams hold tryouts (need to double check), so it would depend on that is well. I think you’re a strong contender for the varsity team, but it would also probably depend on how fast you are at your worst strokes, second-to-worst strokes, etc., as well. I hope I helped you a bit?

@mathman1201: Lol, I thought it was Michael Phelps, but I didn’t want to say so in case it was actually you xD

@vanillapuff‌ I applied for Exeter also! That’s so cool! Not sure if you’ve answered this, but what grade?

So many swimmers on this thread. Is anyone considering quitting their current sport and trying a new one? That’s something I really want to do.

02 gloves I’m considering starting a new one in the term when I don’t play a sport (fall). Why would you quit your current sport, can’t you do a new one and still play you current in different terms?

I want to try squash, but continue with swimming and tennis…

I’d like to try squash as well. I might even look into Ultimate Frisbee. I’d probably stick with swimming, though.

I want to try crew, fencing and skating

What schools have fencing?