The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

First-time parent post here. So nice reading posts by bright, accomplished students who are supportive and empathetic too–the kind of peers I’d love my kids to go to school with. DS waitlisted by Milton via snail mail yesterday. While CC’s pre-college focus is BS, Milton is the only one he applied to (as day student because he doesn’t want to board). Wondering if any of you also applied to ISL day schools in MA and have heard something/anything. Besides Milton website, BBN, Belmont Hill, and Rivers say decisions will be mailed ON M10. But if asking about ISL day schools isn’t good CC etiquette, please LMK. Congrats on acceptances, and empathy with WLs!

@hopefull It’s alright…everyone’s sad in some way.

@UIButton‌ You are not a failure!!! No no no don’t say that!

WLsted at all my safeties and accepted at my reach schools. I am super happy, but super surprised!

@02gloves you’re sweet :D. I’m just thinking about myself in general haha! Oh well… hopefully I will shape up :). LFA is now an option woohooo!! I hope NMH becomes one too <3… but I don’t know if I truly have what it takes be be successful in life… anndd sorry ending rant here :smiley:

@Bulatt Wow! That’s amazing. Congrats! Good luck at whichever school you end up going to.

I’m just going to have to attend my public high school. It’s just a shame after putting my all into these applications

I know I will be somewhere… but I’m nervous as to where that will be… I feel like I let a lot of people down…

@hopefull yes I know, feel so disappointed in myself.

@02gloves‌ only applied to Andover. Really should have applied to more safeties. Regret that.

@Addie1643‌ I feel it… I should have applied to schools where I actually had a chance… Not saying that you didn’t… I I definitely did not have a chance…

@UIButton‌ Neither did I

@Addie1643 I know what messed me up… grades and numbers…

@Addie1643 I know… I have had this false expectation of being offered acceptance, and I think that my not being offered acceptance to any school is due to my low isee scores. Still waiting to hear from Choate, but I don’t have a good feeling

@hopefull all of you had a better chance than me… I should have taken the ISEE… gotten better grades and not let a situation bother me… sent more things to the schools… and just done so much more…

Before last week, I couldn’t picture myself anywhere but PEA… but now, I can picture myself at my current school, NMH (no letter yet for me so fingers are still crossed) and LFA. No matter where you go, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel… Don’t worry… I have heck of a lot of faith in all of you… I made a big mistake… I’m sorry for those of you who were kind enough to read my chance me thread :frowning: I am so sorry…

Just out of curiosity, can everyone tell an estimate of grades and scores if comfortable?

I think I might help us out to know if our grades and testing were the cause of acceptance/rejection.

My PAST scores were a combined of 164 and my grades were mostly B+ with a few As and only one or two Cs.

It’s the lack of As and the presence of Cs that did me in Im sure.

Grades: All A+
ISEE Scores: Mid 80’s

@Addie1643 I feel that… I really really do… I only had 2 a’s last semester, some b’s and more c’s… The only thing I had going for me were recs and the interview :frowning:

SSAT scores: 75 ish