The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

@goldenfygg I would go… because it’s not like that… they just had too many places of equivalent applicants if that makes sense :wink: forget how you did it… just take it!! haha if that makes sense :wink:

Oh my gosh guys I didn’t realize how many people are leaving college confidential. I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for giving me a warm welcome into the CC community, and for freaking out with me for the most anticipated moment of our lifetime. All in all, I want to say that you shouldn’t let a letter from a school define who you are as a person or as a learner. You are all smart, nice, and hardworking individuals who only deserve the best in life. So to all of you, thank you for an experience that will last me for a life time.

@mathman1201 , although we didn’t know each other very well, I can tell you one thing. You are determined. You were determined to achieve your goal. You did what you could, so don’t feel disappointed. The schools you applied to lost someone that would have made their school 10 times better. They lost someone that definitely deserved the acceptance. You are someone special and I can tell you are capable of so much. Endings are the new beginnings. They open up new opportunities. Don’t give up, please it hurts me to see you go. Apply next year, if not its okay. I understand that you are going through a lot right now, but you are so amazing and the schools you applied to are most definitely missing out on something special. You are a role model to all of CC your dedication and inspiration to others will never be forgotten. Good luck to you.

This is so sad. Oh my goodness. Good luck wherever you end up @swimmingman5‌ I know you’ll do great wherever you go.

You all will do great wherever you go.

Its upsetting to see everyone go… the past couple months have been the best. I can’t believe this is the end. I honestly wish I could relive the experience with all of you guys again and again

I’m not leaving quite yet. Plus I’ll be back in a few months. (all caps) This is so sad

How do the admission people make their decision? I was rejected to Andover too and wait listed at the rest (6)

Ah, that is the question we all wish we had the answer to. @downtonabbey

I wish I knew too…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-OLlJUXwKU This is a great insight into the admissions process, and although it is for Amherst I believe the same principles apply to prep schools.

I’m definitely going to take a break from CC for a bit. I don’t know when I’ll post again on here, but if anyone wants to talk at all, feel free to shoot me a PM. This has truly been a learning experience for me. Rejection sucks, but I’ll find some way to get over it soon. Quoting Buzz Lightyear: “To infinity and beyond”, everyone! It was amazing “freaking out” with you all, an experience I will NEVER forget, and hopefully we can meet again soon.

And to the fantastic CC-ers whom I have gotten to know pretty well over these last stressful weeks: @UIButton, @mathman1201, @goldenfygg, @stargirl3, @vanillapuff, @HistoryGeek40, @whimsicalwhims, @LondonLady … I hope we can continue to keep in touch! Contact me on social media, email, or chat me at any time! The “Chatzy clique” must stay together! :wink: I have had so much fun chatting and stressing out with you all and I’m sad that we won’t all be together at BS. Maybe in the future, or at college… ;). You all are such talented people and I’m surprised that not all of you were accepted. I am extremely glad to have met you all, the best outcome out of this entire process, and I am extremely glad to call you all my friends. :slight_smile:

I once read something in which an AO said that if they were to do the process over again with the same applicants, they would most likely end up with an entirely different class.

@goldenfygg That gives me some sort of assurance. Thanks for sharing.

@goldenfygg first is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with the coconut dress!!!

Good night guys. I’m going to try and catch up on the sleep I missed on last night. :stuckouttongue:

@swimmingman5 nuggety nugget!

Good night. Hope tomorrow is better for you all.

Nighty night all!!! I love you guys … literally my best friends and that is not at all sad <3

@swimmingman5 I saw that earlier today because I was trying to figure it out :-/