The National Society of Leadership and Success?

I got an invitation inot the mail for the national society of leadership and success that looked very fancy. I haven’t heard anything about it and I haven’t seen it in any of the postings either. Does anyone know about it?

Dont do it

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parents-forum/1203238-national-society-of-leadership-and-success-sigma-alpha-pi.html

Do not do it, this is a scam! First the letter makes it seem as if you just pay 85 minimum to get the award, you show up to the orientation and you will show up later to get your “award”… That is very far from the case. They basically force you to attend MANY extra meetings and if you do not, then you just wasted your time and money. This is literally what is expected of you:

To Receive the National Engaged Leader Award
This Certificate is available for all members to achieve. To receive this award, you must complete an Orientation, a Leadership Training Day, 6 speaker broadcasts, 6 Success Networking Team meetings, and at least 5 hours of community service. Community services shows in the chart only once all 5 hours are completed and approved by your advisor. See your chapter advisor for more details on community service.

Do you see how many dates and hours that would take up? each session takes at least 2-3 hours. More than likely they stay afloat because of all the money they get and I have to feel that more than half fail to meet the requirements.

^^^This times 100. That is a HUGE time commitment for something meaningless.