The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Now I think about it, that would’ve probably made a good admission essay. :wink:

@randomfloridian I mentioned it in my interviews and talked for quite a while with one AO about various dishes and favorite desserts…

I’ve been lurking on CC ever since I submitted my applications, and I can’t take my mind off M10.

If anyone would like to pay it forward and help out next year’s applicant pool, please consider contributing to my thread over on Chances. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-chances/1968462-its-time-to-stop-chancing-each-other-and-give-back-to-future-applicants-p1.html

See how I just made it easy for you? :slight_smile: Thanks and good luck on M10!

I don’t want to disrupt the flow of this thread with my post above , so… regardless if you choose to contribute or not carry on and freakout! We’re all pulling for you! :slight_smile:

@PhotographerMom that is an absolutely essential thread…I think we could add to it even now. It’s hard to believe what we’ve learned in less than a year! I highly suggest anyone waiting for M10 and even more so, any new applicants for upcoming years read this thread. @Atria & @“Nico.campbell” were so insightful for being young kids…miss seeing them on here, but glad they are thriving at their favorite BSs!!!

I do love cooking, but there’s only so much you can do each day. Dinner. Lunch is at school and my family all make their own breakfast

But recently, I have been doing more art projects. some of those can be super fun.

@FunintheSun1211 I’m reading a college textbook on the technical analysis of financial markets to pass the time…I also successfully made a souffle yesterday! :smiley:

I found this game that sends you to a random spot on google street view and you have to figure out where you are. For an additional challenge, you can find your way to an airport. I’m probably gonna spend all day on it tomorrow

@woodcal03 would you please tell me what the game is? That sounds interesting

So there’s actually three different ones-

GeoGuessr sends you somewhere random and gives you points based on how close your guess on a map is to the actual place.

Pursued sends you to a city and you have a limited time to guess what city.

Then there’s MapCrunch, which really isn’t a game, but you can make challenges for it. Just turn on stealth mode. One time it took me about 30 minutes from my house and I challenged myself to find my way home, but then I came across an old summer camp I used to go to on the interstate and decided to go there instead. So much fun.

Try out the Wiki game, where you have to go from one Wikipedia page to another using only links on each Wikipedia page. You can just try by yourself, but there is an actual game online where you compete against others.

For example, try going from ‘Swahili language’ to ‘television’

What!!! I just got to TV in 5 clicks! Lol

I have a volleyball tournament on M10, and will literally be on the court when ALL of my top schools release their decisions. It will be fun sharing any good news with my team, though…

M10 would be Sunday, which is a weekday where I live :frowning: If I check my decisions at school I don’t think I would be able to concentrate. Although I’m applying for two HADES schools, I’m really hoping for Blair. My interviewer was very nice, told me a lot about the school. I also read nearly every page on their website and it seems amazing. What schools are you applying?

My SAT is on March 10th… Guess at least I wont be bored for the rest of the month…

@woodcal03 and @babymalcolm, have to try those, they sound pretty fun.

@AllSmiles2, I got my second cousin’s microchemistry textbook, so I’ve been studying ad taking tests in there. Also, I made some muffins the other day. They turned out better than I expected so that’s a win!

Anyone on Xbox? I have the flu and to get myself off CC, I just play GTAO. Anyone want to grind some missions or help me finish a heist?