The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Cool, I’ll put it up on March 1st and attempt to reduce the problems that were faced in the thread last year.

@keystosuccess you might want to put it up even later, unless a mod can lock it until M10

@FunintheSun1211 @AllSmiles2 Thanks! :smiley:

@skieurope had said he’d lock it…

My favorite book is The Martian.

Why not look at the summer reading lists for some of the schools? I recommend The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks or The Glass Castle.

@mark V, I LOVE The Martian, in fact, we just watched the movie in school. Have you read Artemis, Andy Weir’s new book. I have been trying to get a copy but my library has only one, and it has a long list of holds… @MAandMEmom, I will have to check those out, they look interesting!

@skieurope, I can put up the stats/EC’s thread if no one else is.

@FunintheSun1211 Be my guest :slight_smile:

The Martian is the College-wide book this year where I work.

The reason I love The Immortal Life is because it is an amazing story of the intersection of science, race, and a whole bunch of other topics rolled into one.

I’ve actually started delving into non-fiction, like Malcolm Gladwell books. They’re amazing :slight_smile:

Anyone read ‘The Tipping Point’ by Gladwell?

@snapchat It’s a fantastic read… I have to go to sleep early today but I’m so nervous for my 2k tomorrow! I’m still in the starting 4+ for next week’s regatta, but I have to PR or else…

Back to book recommendations, if any of you guys are interested in Psychology or just want a good read, I recommend checking out some of Oliver Sack’s books! I love his ‘The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat’, though originally I only picked it up due to its interesting name :slight_smile:

@altablue, that is an interesting name. I feel like I’ve heard it before… Though I haven’t read it. Hmmm…

I just read another book about neuroscience called We Are Out Brains and that was fascinating. I highly recommend.

*We Are OUR Brains

I beat my previous PR by 8 seconds and 2.2 splits!!! :slight_smile:

OMg Can’t believe there are only two weeks left…

This year people here all sound pretty chill