The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Congrats @AllSmiles2! Glad for your win!!

@InfiniteWordsIsNotEnough Thanks! I thought of the 40% rule. It’s a really interesting video about how you’re never “done”. It’s by a Navy SEAL on YouTube, you should go watch it!

@momof3nyc lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m bored but I feel like talking on this. Did y’all enjoy applications? I really liked the opportunity to analyze myself and subtly brag about myself to people. Lol

I’m one of the stay-under-the-radar types, so I really didn’t like trying to “show-off” or “brag” to the schools. I did enjoy many of the essays that required me to think as I enjoy thinking and reflecting, and it was great to finally have the opportunity to share my thoughts with someone and put them on paper as I don’t really have the opportunity to do such a thing.

If you use the CC search tool, you will find that it happens, although I can’t say how often. My kid got one of these emails when she was applying. It was from one of her safety schools.

CC tempers run high on that one. Personally, I am signed up for FedEx, UPS, and USPS notifications and get real-time updates by text and email about anything that ever ships to our address. No, you won’t mistaken your Amazon shoe order for a BS acceptance packet: the notifications include detailed info about the origin. In our case, the first acceptance packet was shipped on 3/8, the others on 3/9.

That said, only an adult can sign up for notification services to an address, as the process involves extensive verification with credit card info as far as I remember.

That’s pretty cool @GoatMama! I think I might get my mom to do that too… :-? :wink:

Congrats @AllSmiles2 (that’s rowing right?)

@goatmama, I don’t think my parents have that, but it would be a cool thing to have. May spoil the surprise though…

Some schools send rejection letters by snail mail, too. So I think that gives a lot of false hope.

^FedEx, UPS, and USPS Express is not snail mail. They are overnight services that cost a lot. I’ve never heard of a rejection letter being overnighted. BTW, you don’t get notifications for regular snail mail, only for those special 1- and 2-day shipments.

Oh, thanks for informing me!

Question: Are decisions also posted on Gateway and SAO portals?

As far as I’ve heard, only Andover uses the Gateway portal to notify students of their decisions since they were one of the schools that had helped to create the actual system. I don’t recall of hearing about any schools using the SAO portal to provide decisions, nor do I think schools have much control over what is done with the SAO. Most of the schools will instead email or use one of their own portals to notify applicants about their results

have decisions been made at schools or are they still considering fa, etc.

Does being a part of your school’s newspaper help your chances at all?

I think that would depend on the school @trynagetthere

I would imagine that some decisions have been made and some are still finalizing their classes

Anyone know when FA results come out for SPS/Andover/Exeter? My dad wanted to know because I really need financial aid to get into these schools, and I was just curious.