The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Just finished my chemistry test! #:-S How’s everybody else doing today?

@AllSmiles2 Hope you did well! My day is actually going great, we just did a performance of Annie Jr. in front of the entire school and even though was really nerve-racking, everyone in the production did so well!!

@fencer557 I’m pretty sure I messed up one of the problems as I accidentaly used the ideal gas law instead of the combined gas law… :-< Great job on the performance! =D>

I had a test today, and I totally blanked and left two answers blank :expressionless: Ah well, maybe I’ll stull get a decent grade

I just got my first Waitlist… it’s starting to get real… I fear last year is gonna happen all over again

what school released decisions this early?

It’s not a school listed in the notification guide. If someone does want to know, s/he can PM me.

@MaxLMZ do not fret! It is just one and has no bearing on what is to come. It only takes one acceptance! @atria can attest to that. Hugs! Stay positive!!!

We have heard from 2 schools so far: TJS and Wayland. TJS is offering an amazing FA package, but they wanted an answer Feb 23rd. They have extended it to March 10th, but that has me soooo anxious since it give no time to think things over.

I just got an email for the English Chair at EHS that seems to be trying to entice us to choose them, which makes me wonder if my DD is accepted there. Anyone know about thay? That would be amazing - IF the FA is good. I can’t find any info on how generous they are.

And Bard sends out letters tomorrow!

I’m so worried about making the right decision. My hubby wants to compare all FA packages first.

Also, DD only had a 39% average on her SSAT bc her math was 5%. Her reading was 96%, though, so apparently that has impressed them enough. This blows my mind! I’m so happy for her!

Oh my, here we go again! With only a few days left, I am completely under the weather! This is my second year of saying this but it’s so important - whatever the outcome is, this process has truly changed and affected all of us. Without all of this, I would never know what it’s like to write dozens of essays on the day of the deadline - heard this before? I learned a lot about myself and my strengths and weaknesses. I have picked up a lot of new hobbies and activities between last year’s M10 and the present. It’s not so bad after all! I wish everyone to stay strong and take life day by day!!

@Summer1974 It’s the same here. We already have one FA package that’s 80% of tuition. They want our decision by M10. I don’t want to pass that up, but another school could offer more. I just hope they send out FA the same day. My husband is really anxious about where we will find the money.

You kids should create a Freakout thread M10 playlist. CC parents won’t contribute ( I PROMISE ) but we may secretly download some of your music . …

… that is- if it’s good. We have standards. :wink:

@PhotographerMom that’s a fantastic idea!

Lol… that sounds lit

What is TJS?

@CaliMex I googled. Thomas Jefferson School in Missouri is my guess

Do financial aid decisions usually come out on the same day that you find out if you were accepted or not?

Our experience was we received the FA decision in the mail a few days after the electronic acceptance.

for what schools do acceptance packages come in the mail on M10?

i believe most top 30 bs schools