The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Got into Asheville!

@Elizabeth302 When did your notification come? I got a waitlist email from them two days ago.

@Elizabeth302, Congratulations on your acceptance to Asheville!

Reading all of your posts, I am glad that I didn’t sign up for any mail notification services, less stress not having to check an online server every few hours.

@Elizabeth302 CONGRATULATIONS!! DD wants to look at Asheville! If you go, I’ll want to hear all about it!!

Got into my first school!

Awesome @snapchat ! Where?!?!

@buuzn03 Woodberry! Not formally with the letter but they put the enrollment contract on the same website so I’m 99.9% sure I’m in!

@elizabeth302 Congratulations! My teacher went to Asheville in 2002-2006 and he said it was the best time of his life there.

Asheville is amazing! Congrats!

@summer1974 That was from Thomas Jefferson School in St. Louis. We just got a similar offer from Wayland Academy in WI, but Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock just sent theirs and the FA was only $7500!!! That is so dramatically different that we had to laugh.

So far we have heard from 3 out of the 8 schools we have applied to and she has been accepted to all 3. I suspect we she also got in to Episcopal High School bc we received an email from the English Dept Chair welcoming us even though they have not sent out decisions. I REALLY hope they offer great FA.

@LauriJo congrats! How amazing to have options!’

@buuzn03 Thanks! I am SO proud of her. She has ADHD so a lot of teachers don’t see her potential, but she has a very high IQ and is so creative. She wants to get out of our backward school system so much!

Is it weird that I am not nervous at all? Last year I was freaking out, but now I’m in a deep state of serenity. I did have some dreams last month that I got in; it was horrible waking up, but since then, nothing. Anyone else?

So far, I have been relatively calm, but I’m often a calm and emotionless person (unless I’m angry about something). I could also be calm because I know that I have a local backup plan. I didn’t even realize how soon M10 was until last week, it seems as if the wait time has flown by for me.

My DC is like that…absolutely not worried. I make up for it though. :))

@keystosuccess People say that “the wait” is like an eternity, but this year has gone by in a blur. My local day school option is also quite good, and I’m already planning my schedule for next year (in case I dont get into any boarding school)!

well at least m10 is a Saturday

24 more hours. Good job guys for making it to today!

I have nowhere to vent except for here since I haven’t told my friends I’ve applied yet…

@randomapplicant1 how do you plan on telling them when the time comes?