The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Just curious, what kinds of things have y’all gotten in acceptance packages? Do different school do it differently or is there pretty much standard content of, like, your letter, a pamphlet on their courses, a postcard, a sticker maybe, etc?

@emro12 like you said, it probably depends on the school, but most likely it would be a letter of your acceptance, course guide, sticker, papers regarding insurance, and possibly a brochure. That’s basically what I got.

@emro12 milton sent me a car sticker, my friend got accepted into quite a few, williston sent a t-shirt and a bag! dana hall sent pop-sockets as well.

I got NMH yesterday. A water bottle and bag. I’m impressed.

PEA also had a nice little note from my AO.

The personalized acceptance video from SGS was an amazing surprise

How’s everyone doing over here? Does anyone need help or a shoulder? If you do- please don’t hesitate to reach out. There are many people here willing to help. Contrary to popular belief- we’re a pretty resourceful and supportive bunch.

If you just need some cheering up… we’re fairly good at that, too. Don’t feel alone and don’t be shy.

I got my acceptance letter from Hill yesterday. Not even a package. Not even a sticker. Disappointed. :wink:

@MaxLMZ Sometimes good things are disguised as bad things lmao

Some schools wait until revisit day to hand it swag. We also got a discount on school store items on revisit day.

PA and PEA didn’t send any swag last year. But all 3 schools we did revisits at gave out swag there.

@MaxLMZ same with Episcopal… a bit disappointing compared to the Exeter package, gotta say. Still waiting for all my rejection letters to show up :))

I can’t wait to decide and officially enroll somewhere… I’m ready for car stickers, t-shirts, putting a school in my instagram bio, etc :))

@emro12 Instagram bio :))

I know right! McCallie’s already in my bio, lol. First thing I did!

Why am I so freaking energetic today?I’ve made like three new posts and they’re all so upbeat and… weird. Lol…

@woodcal03 Why’d you pick McCallie over Baylor?

@snapchat When McCallie sent their Christmas card, it had several little notes from AO’s who I had met at visit days. Baylor’s was just blank. There were all sorts of little differences all over the place like that, where McCallie seemed to be more than just a school, I guess. At Baylor’s scholarship weekend, the conversations felt more like a checklist, whereas everything at McCallie felt super natural and flowing. McCallie had this air of intentionality - we got a call from a parent ambassador who talked about diversity in religion and thought and just really comforted us. It was like they knew exactly who to pair us with. And then I was walking alone around the campus and the Head of Admissions waved across the quad at me, which for some reason spoke loudly enough to seal the deal.

@emro12 I know right!! I was going to switch my Instagram bio, but then I was like let me finish my exams first :))

My current freakout status is: excitement

I’ve already submitted my decision (that I will be attending) on the website, and we’re going to submit the enrollment contract and deposit within the next few days. I’m so excited! I’ve gotten a personalized congratulation email from my AO (apart from the official one), and a welcome video that looks amazing. I feel like the rest of the year following up to August is going to be painfully long. I’m stalking the school on social media (heh). Ican’twaitIcan’twaitIcan’twait!