The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Did waitlisted people for Exeter and St. Paul’s get any letters in the mail? I didn’t receive anything…

I was waitlisted for Exeter and I didn’t receive anything. Waitlisted students don’t usually get anything. Just the accepted students.

^ Not true. Everyone gets a decision mailed to them, no matter what the decision. Not sure why you didn’t receive yours.

I heard schools are trying to do away with waitlist and rejection notifications via mail. Most applicants were notified via their online portal this year.

DD hasn’t received anything via snail mail from the schools where she was rejected or waitlisted.

Ok, things have changed then. We received both online and snail mail notifications of all decisions. Sorry for the confusion.

It does make sense. With some schools sending out over 1000 rejections and waitlist letters it’s a waste of time, postage and paper. Great decision.

I haven’t even receive my acceptance package yet…

Really? Even with most schools being on Spring break,Iam sure someone is answering the phones. Maybe call and leave a message and I’m sure when they are all back next week they will figure out who didn’t get a package and send them out. I know the snow storm the week of decisions slowed things down, but Fedex, UPS and the post office wouldn’t hold packages this long.

@Malmik06 Maybe its just that I live in the other continent… It would take time to arrive

@Bantisse i live in east asia and received my milton acceptance on m13? not sure why you haven’t got yours yet, maybe different countries?

@Bantisse I haven’t gotten any packages either… I viewed my acceptances online.

Like some of the posters above, we received some both email and regular mail, a couple just had contracts as an email. Some had wiring instructions for the deposit…”I want it all in 20’s in a brown paper bag” (ok, just kidding)…
All came via regular or Priority US Postal Service - no Fed/Ex and no UPS. Some of the mailed packages had confetti and M&M’s <:-P

I want confetti and m&ms!

NMH had a pretty good package though, a watt bottle and drawstring bag.

@FunintheSun1211 I want them! Still haven’t received them.

The NMH things? Did you not get then yet?

I never received anything from waitlists/rejections, was a bit surprised.

@emro12, me neither, but I was hoping I would because my mom said she would help me burn them :wink:

Have you been reading the school handbook yet?