The Official M10 2019 Freakout Thread

Having to simultaneously apply to prep schools and a ton of summer programs at once is VERY annoying…but I guess this break has really been a journey of self-reflection!

@Grrr123 Yes, the process is fun. But here’s the problem. I had to sign a form to leave the school to get teacher recs and official transcripts. If I don’t get into BS with fin aid, I’ll have no other options but public school. My parents will only let me go if I get into top schools, so it’s pretty scary. If I don’t get in, there’s a risk that I won’t be able to attend my current school. Then I’d have to go to public school, and since I live in Asia, the language instructed in is NOT english…

@tokyoxc How many schools are you applying to? And how are your parents defining “top” schools? You might want to educate them and explain that the quality of teaching is at the same level within the top 50 schools. The very best school is NOT the one with the largest endowment, lowest acceptance rate or highest SSAT scores, but the one that fits you so well, you thrive and grow into your very best self. All of the schools send their top kids to great colleges, and you might be more likely to be the top kid at a school where you thrive than at a school where you merely get by if the culture isn’t right for you.

I am applying to Choate, Loomis, Taft, and Cheshire and I recently finished the application

Thankfully, I am also applying to some NYC day schools whose decision comes on out Feb 16 or earlier. 1 month and a half till then!

I honestly don’t know how I can wait that long, though this year has been going by pretty fast.

Such a cute nerdy timer LOL Flag @ilovechoateeeee

At this timeI honestly just hope we can complete and submit all required application materials by the deadline. It’s just a really tiresome process!

Hotchkiss decisions will be coming out March 9 @ 8AM. I will NOT be up by then.

@CavsFan2003 I have a feeling you will be up by that time…we are all rooting for you!

@Golfgr8 Okay you definitely are right lol I will be getting no sleep that night… I appreciate it! :smiley:

@ilovechoateeeee thank you for creating this thread! It’s kind of weird, but scrolling through it has sort of calmed me down? I don’t know what to expect on M10, but I’m very excited!

@sdanaya no problem! glad i could help

I can’t stand the wait !!

@moongirl12 I CAN’T EITHER :slight_smile:

@moongirl12 @cmbyn02 SAME ugh

@cmbyn02 CMBYN is a great movie omg

And same @ilovechoateeeee and @moongirl12 I’m dying

Same to all of you its soooooo long until then. we should start a countdown

66 days!

@CavsFan2003 It is an amazing movie and the soundtrack is even better :slight_smile:

Only 65 more days until decisions come out but it already feels like a lifetime!!!

@lightningqueen12 Most decisions are coming out on march 9 this year because march 10 is a sunday :wink: