The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

that was a little intense oops ((((:

@TheHappinessFund
I actually wrote an essay regarding esports at boarding schools (I can’t remember what school it was for) and mine was specifically about League Of Legends.
https://www.andover.edu/news/2019/the-magic-of-games

I mentioned a student from the class '99 had passions for Magic, the Gathering. I actually never tried DnD; I’d like to try sometime. I don’t really know what schools you applied to but, if there’s a sliver of a chance we get into the same school, I honestly would be more than happy to make one alongside.

@TheHappinessFund My daughter’s a huge fan of Stephen King for reasons I would never understand. I’m a total baby when it comes to horror as well and she recommended this to me and I loved it. So if you read it I hope you enjoy it!

@TheHappinessFund There’s DnD at Choate if you know where to look :wink:

@TheHappinessFund don’t worry, there are DnD groups for miles at Exeter. Not sure you’d even have to look far.

(also I remind y’all I can answer questions :wink: )

@RedLioness
Are there League of Legends groups at Exeter?

I just got an email from Lawrenceville about the admission decision portal, and the last sentence was something along the lines of, “we hope this experience helped you get a better reflection of my educational future” and I was wondering if maybe the messages were different for some so let me know. It kinda sounded like they were trying to let me down easy or somehow prepare me for a rejection.

I hope it said “your” instead of “my”…

Kidding about grammar aside, they don’t have time to personalize the portal message for each kid based on what they think the decision MIGHT be. Don’t read anything into it. It’s a nice, one-size-fits-all message, @lvilleisfirst

My daughter received the same email a few days ago (as I’m sure they send these emails out in waves because they have to set each account up). I agree its a funny way to end the email, but I wouldn’t read into it .

@lvilleisfirst I got the same email too, so I wouldn’t stress about it. As @CaliMex said, there’s no way they have the time to personalize emails for thousands of applicants.

Are you all applying to Lville?

Hi everyone! I am literally freaking out about March 10th. I’m starting to think that I won’t be accepted to any school… Deerfield is my dream school, but two of my friends also applied. Does anyone know if schools compare applicants from the same schools? WIll they deliberately aim to accept only one of us (if more than one of us are a ‘fit’ for the school, that is). Is this something I should even be worried about?

I’m pretty sure you’re being compared to the rest of the applicant pool, not the applicants at specific schools

Dear @Sleepingatlast - it’s normal to feel this way @ March 10th. The January 2020 edition of the Deerfield Scroll has an interesting article @ how a Deerfield Class is made. I will try to find and paste the link when it’s posted online. There are over 2,000 applicants. One of the things we found interesting is that the AC does a senior class analysis - “ to create a framework for which the incoming ninth-grade class is filled. Admissions officers use the triple A - academics, athletics, and the arts - approach to organize candidates identifying with more than one of these talents and ticking more than one of these checkboxes”.

Yep - that was kiddo (all three checked). Most of the students we know were high achievers in all - academics, athletics, and the arts (both visual and performing). Some have 2 categories of strength. They like well rounded kids.

Keeping you in our hearts!

Would just like to say that today is the first day where we are officially closer to M10 than J15!

I’m not even stressing about M10 because I know I’m going to get rejected from everywhere lol

No, don’t be worried about it because there’s nothing you can do. Even at my son’s small BS there are multiple kids from the same middle school.

Some schools have requested the " Transcript Report 2". Is there anyone who can tell me what it is? Thank you!

@Jessica718 Are you using Gateway and applying for Exeter? That is the only area for which I have a bit of expertise. They’re just asking for a form that relates to your transcript. I do not know what exactly the contents are, because it’s supposed to be confidential and filled out by the person who manages transcripts at your school. Just input the email of the person who did your transcripts into the link in Gateway, and you’ll be all set.

@Jessica718
I didn’t fill that out and got an email saying my application was completed. I think it’s like @peachysoo said: additional transcripts.

Aside from this, I’m honestly just spending my everyday life just reading and playing games, going out with friends before a new school year starts. Just to take my mind off the whole M10 thing and scrolling through M10 freakout threads from last year really makes negative inductive reasoning just happen in your mind.