The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

I remember that site! It’s pretty cool

1 Like

Hahaha I’m doing the last one. Ive somehow been way more productive than normal because it distracts me lol.

Exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote that bullet haha. I used to play the Papa’s restaurant games for hours on end.

1 Like

same!

Omg lol I used to love that site. It was the only ‘gaming’ website that the administration didnt block at my elementary and middle school so it was very popular.

1 Like

Hahaha yeah those were the best. Did anyone else play the hotel one? Or the coffee stand one? Those were my favorite

I know I’m super stressed though. I applied to St. Paul’s and it’s my favorite school. I’m just worried that I’ll get rejected.

1 Like

I am in class right now and my teacher is asking us what mems are

1 Like

I would also like to mention if you’re really feeling anxious, try making a brain dump and just spilling out all your thoughts onto paper or taking a pen and piece of paper, closing your eyes, and letting your hand scribble all over the paper without worrying about what it makes out.

3 Likes

Congrats on Westover! I recall you were also applying to MPS, so good luck tonight!

1 Like

Move the discussion forward please. This is both OT and counterproductive

4 Likes

@laxmom24 Thank you for this message and for sharing your story! I also like to call it “love the school that loves you back”. It is a great perspective to have as we go into M10 decisions. I hope to follow your lead and post an inspiring message next year as I keep saying to myself “will this all matter a year from now?”.

4 Likes

Thank you and same to you!

My son got WL email last night for MX, it said “we received 1442 applications for 100 spaces, with an overall admit rate of 13 percent. For ninth grade boarding boys, 391 students applied for just 32 spaces”. Not sure why he got the early notice, I am waiting to tell him until tomorrow so he (hopefully) has happier notifications too. The reason he applied to 11 schools was that the chance of getting in (needing FA) is very small and admissions are arbitrary. Even with high SSAT and good grades and ECs we are only expecting him to get maybe 1 or 2 real acceptances (with FA), maybe 1 or 2 rejections and the rest WL or FA WL. That is how it was for my other kids who were also strong candidates. If we were full pay it might have been different but it has worked out very well anyways, my two kids LOVE their BS. If my son does not get any offers tomorrow he has gotten in to a very good day prep in the area with a nice merit scholarship so he has a good option. Good luck to all, hope you get at least one good offer, that’s all you need! BTW the FA information sometimes comes several days later by snail mail, hang in there!

7 Likes

same

@magnetnh, you’re welcome. Love the school that loves you back is a great way to look at it. It’s so hard when kids get their hearts set on one (or a few) schools, and think that their life will be over if they don’t attend. You will be where you are meant to be. It may just take a bit to realize it. Best of luck tomorrow! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

A WL is not a no - if they put you on the WL they believe you would be successful at their school and they just don’t have a spot. My oldest got off WL for two schools, one was his top choice. Good luck!

2 Likes

does anyone here know what it’s like after signing into ur portal?? would there be some sort of vids or just writings telling ur in or not?

I wish all the best to all of u guys. We’re in this together

It probably depends on the school but it’s generally writing!

2 Likes

For a lot of the portals it’s going to say status update

1 Like