The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Any idea how many are on it?

These schools have calculated yields (% of students likely to accept admission offer) that they factor into their admissions decision. BS tend to over-admit students to compensate for the % that do not attend, leveling out the the space and ensuring that each bed is filled. If fewer students accept the school’s offer than previously calculated in the yield, AOs go back to the waitlist and begin finding character profiles that fit the characteristics of those who decided not to go.

4 Likes

The CC sample pool of applicants is far from representative. Besides the fact that not every one of the 2000 Exeter applicants use CC, there is usually a report bias with the people that share decisions on the forum. (Those flat out rejected significantly less likely to immediately hop on CC and post to a decision thread). That being said, there is still a significant waitlist pool, and it is honestly a significant accomplishment just to be on it

2 Likes

i loaded into a site and didnt see a groton letter, plus I have an unknown mail coming today and idk what to make of it. I suffered through 5rejections today and I’m waiting for this to be my 6th. I don’t want to get my hopes up though

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

No problem!

Enter battle with failure on your mind, your army will cripple in minutes.

Stay optimistic, Stay hopeful, and keep in mind that you’re still incredible no matter what happens.

2 Likes

i suppose maybe 20? idk im not good at math lol sry

Making sure: no one has heard anything from Groton right?

nope! they just sent out an email aplogozing tho

1 Like

wait they sent an email about the delays

20 students on the waitlist? It is definitely higher than that.

uh i got my decision alr and idk how everyone is hving trouble accessing the portal

Just got a delay email as well, seems like a funny guy

yuh lol, but idrk. ig only the admission office knows lol

I wonder if the accepted people got emails this year

Id put it at maybe 250?

if we didn’t receive an email around 5:30 from Groton, does it mean we are rejected/wl?

Thank you to everyone who suggested schools with rolling admissions! I will do more research on them all and hopefully find a few I feel like I could fit in to and apply :))

2 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. A poster above indicated that this is the case.