The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Congrats! You deserve it. Unfortunately I was waitlisted :frowning: but congrats to everyone who got in

1 Like

I think Cate had the same rate - 15 applicants for each spot too (but the school is smaller).

Waitlisted at Groton, what a crazy day!

Wait where do I find the campus map

I got a small folded-up packet saying “You Are Here” and it opens up to reveal a map of the campus with buildings, athletic facilities, and dormitories labelled.

Thats sick!
Are you planning on going?

Yeah, I think I definitely will!!

At least it wasn’t the other way around… finding a bed seems harder than converting her to a day student. :slight_smile: I would call or email the school tomorrow.

First, I’d double check your application and make sure that you did, in fact, selecting day. And then contact George. It was likely the result of a simple error.

And congratulations. George is a great school.

1 Like

That’s very easy to fix. Just e-mail your AO to confirm that you will not be boarding. Now, if it was the other way around, the AO would need to worry about finding an extra bed for your child. Congrats!

So who got waitlisted at Exeter?

Can you guys like this comment or something to indicate if you got waitlisted. I’m just wondering how many people in this forum got waitlisted.

8 Likes

I did

I did

Did you also get waitlisted?

@potatopringles - I would just call tomorrow and ask to speak to the DOA. Hopefully, it’s a clerical error!

Good luck and Congratulations!!

Groton only has 22-23 spots for the 8th grade, and some years faculty kids also account for 2-3 of those. Hence the admit rates are very, very low. Best of luck!

For those of you who were accepted to Taft, have you received a package yet? I received one from another school I was accepted to, but nothing yet from Taft. Hm. Maybe tomorrow?

Thank you. We double checked and ‘Day’ was selected. I will contact them tomorrow. Hopefully the FA award will not change significantly.

1 Like

Thank you. I will definitely contact them tomorrow.

Thank you. I will contact them tomorrow. Hopefully the FA award will not change significantly due to correcting to a Day student.

1 Like