The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Oh my god I’m sorry I feel like I just keep ranting but oh my gosh I really do love Westover

I visited campus a few days ago and I just felt like it was so perfect? When I visited larger schools like Exeter, Andover, Choate, etc., it honestly felt so overwhelmingly large. But Westover is just perfectly sized and it’s so cozy!!!

I was also talking to my AO and he said there’s a chance I might be able to jump straight into the WISE electives instead of taking a year to take the intro classes since I already have lots of experience with robotics and science and engineering coming from a STEM school, which is so excitingg

and also I’ve been going to all of the Westover webinars and honestly I love the energy so much!!! Also I’ve been asking questions and they have such a cool technical theater program and especially costuming (since I’ve been getting into sewing these days) sounds so awesome??

oh my god I’m so excited about just everything – I love that their dorms are in the main building and that it’s such a small tight-knit community

I haven’t committed yet, just in case I go to the revisit and end up finding something that I hate (which I doubt will happen but you can never be too careful!!) but I’m honestly so excited for revisit day

Thanks for letting me rant LMAO

18 Likes

IM SO HAPPY FOR U!!! I’m so glad you liked Westover!!! I knew you would but I’m just sooooo happy you love it!

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!! lily how’s your decision coming along? Have you gone to any of those visits yet?

I have visits this weekend!!! Decision is still very hard between Hill and NMH! I hope after I visit I’ll know so I can get to know my classmates!

PS: my dad finally officially said I can go to BS. He was a little skeptical but now he thinks it’s going to be what’s best for me :))

7 Likes

Oh wow, that’s really awesome and I’m happy for you!

AHHH omg I’m so glad!!! And I hope the visits go well :)))))

Honestly, I feel like you could start contacting current students through Instagram right now, just like asking them questions and stuff. I’ve been too anxious too (and I don’t really need to right now) but honestly you could probably just say something like “I’m deciding between [hill/nmh] and another school but I wanted to get to reach out to get to know some current students” or something idk haha

I also have a question- basically, I submitted an inquiry to a school with rolling admissions right after I got my decisions on M10 (basically, I didn’t think and I was upset) and they just sent me an email about the school and asking me to schedule an interview. In the time in between these two things, I forgot about the inquiry and accepted an offer from my local day school. How am I supposed to respond? I want to apply to that school next year since it’s so awesome, but I can’t apply this year. So, uh, yeah. I can also start a new thread if that’d be better?

Oh, hmm, that’s a tough situation. You might want to make a new thread to get more responses but yeah, I really don’t know what I would do.

i already have contacted them! but I want to get to know them more.

Ohhhh awesome!!

@nonbinarywood , you could follow through with the BS if you are in a position to forfeit your deposit at the day school. Or do you want to go to the day school for a year?

Thanks!

I’m definitely going to the day school for a year, but thanks! : )

@mondaydevil this post makes my mom heart so so happy. I hope that revisit day cements everything you are already feeling and you have a fabulous time at Westover.

1 Like

Awww thank you so much!! <3

So happy for everyone! I finally received a box from Peddie in the mail today. Really cool socks.

2 Likes

Yay! That’s great!

1 Like

Congratulations! Where are you applying from?

My son is in the same boat. Deciding between Deerfield and Taft. Taft is a better fit for him and a phenomenal school. Good luck!

Anyone else here going to Loomis? :slight_smile:

1 Like