The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

nice! i hope you know some french :joy:

not just french. german too! i know very little french, but my mom took german and still knows a bit. i’ll probably end up having to get a tutor this summer if i go!

i’m almost fluent in french!

wow! that’s impressive!

i’ve been taking it for about 4 years! My accent sucks, but I can understand french and speak it quite well haha

1 Like

i’ve been taking Spanish for 3 years and i’m the same way with my accent😂

This may come too late now for your campus visit. At Exeter town there is a very good local bookstore called Water Street book store. Loved hanging out there when we visited last year.

Campus has a new theater; last Nov we walked into a Nutcracker performance which was nice. The athletic building is also very new. Campus on the outside looks very nice (I think better than Andover). They just need to do some work on updating their dining halls. Andover’s dining hall is better I think.

2 Likes

does anyone know if having a successful social media platform is a good EC? i’ve built a following since m10 and I get about 500k views per day. i know this isn’t a make-or-break, but does it do anything good?

i don’t know how much it’ll do, i think it depends on what your platform is about, but that’s cool!

For example: I think a media platform that talks about awareness is going to be more of a help than tik tok dances.

actually, my most successful videos are about spreading awareness

awesome! maybe it’s worth mentioning?

1 Like

If it’s an activism type page (or anything other than entertainment/personal related), I would certainly mention it. It can’t hurt, and that’s pretty cool! Especially if you already have something in your application relating to whatever it is about.

1 Like

that’s what i was thinking. the videos that i like to make are the ones sharing about current issues and how to help.

Funnily enough I think my mom and I walked in there this morning. My mom bought a book about WW2. There are a lot more cute shops in Exeter town then I would have thought.

1 Like

I would definitely mention it then! Sounds like a very valid achievement.

1 Like

Theres an italian place we stopped in for dinner while at Exeter, I forgot what its called but its a cute pasta place and the food is amazing.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Such a great opportunity!

thank you!

i just had my hill revisit. campus is slightly dated, but it’s the people there and the community that is amazing. i’m so excited.

i also got a ton of swag haha

3 Likes

Switzerland, while having 4 official languages, is very regional on language use. French is more common in the area of those schools. So if you go, and deciding which to improve, German is not my vote.

2 Likes