The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

My daughter :wink: I have to avoid bringing up the topic constantly as I don’t want to pass on my anxiety!

1 Like

My son! He’s so relaxed and I’m here on CC reading EVERYTHING!

1 Like

Yeah! I feel like as a student, I know that I did my best so whatever happens happens. Bracing myself for the worst but hoping for the best!

2 Likes

Exactly two weeks from now, its crazy how by this time ,i would have almost all my decisions.

im freaking out really badly none of the schools have seen my art portfolio or videos yet so that means they just skipped over my application like so that means I wasnt worth looking at the portfolios so I’m just getting rejected everywhere like you would assume they’re narrowing down the pile of waitlists and acceptances by now right so they would have viewed my portfolios if I was being considered but they haven’t so they don’t consider me worthy? ahhhhh D:

look at it from another side ,maybe your application was so good and you already brought something to the table ,that they didn’t need to look at anything else! maybe lol

2 Likes

I really hope my DD gets in as she feels really bad about the LPS option and any other local schools.
She is totally invested on the Prep school possibility.
She applied only for top schools (the best or nothing was how we approached this and now I have serious questions if it was the right choice) and needs a lot of FA (80% to full). Our hope is that demographic and ethnicity diversity, plus her ECs and passion for Social Justice will help.
She is very strong and poised and is keeping it together but I know the anxiety is boiling up. Teachers at her school are so supportive and anxious to hear the news. She is the first to ever apply to New England schools.
I keep telling her to be positive and keep envisioning herself celebrating on M10. I told her to choose a cake flavor (it will be red velvet) and we will put the name(s) of her acceptances on top. She also started a board with dorm room decor ideas.
If she gets accepted to her dream school she wants to be the first one to send the contract signed!
How are you planning to announce and celebrate good news on M10?

I’m wondering…do they even look at the optional additional documents?

I am wondering about the same. Applied to 5 top schools and only 4 views. One school (I could see which one )and the portfolio had two views on same day from same school. Meaning that two other schools did not view the portfolio.

I would not worry if I were you. You’ve already submitted everything…at this point, you can’t change anything on your application, and you can’t possibly know what they actually think about you. The best thing to do is relax and hope for the best instead of worrying about things you can’t control. Here: Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

1 Like

I think most of my schools have. I applied to 10 schools, and I have 31 views (subtract like 6 from me) on my video. However, I will say that most of them only got through like the first 30 seconds…

All of the schools have viewed my videos, but I’m not reading too much into anything. I’m trying to be Zen but failing just a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m getting super anxious about M10 all of a sudden and thinking about the worst that could happen. But also I’ve been thinking about the best that could happen so I think it kinda balances out.

Yeah, my mindset is “prepare and expect the worst, but hope for the best!”

Yep! God, I can’t believe how quick the time’s gone. There’s only 14 days??? (And 13 for MPS) Insane

Thanks for the possibly better scenarios but still very anxious cause (ahaha only 0 views total)
SuperDuperScaredForM10ButOhWellWhatCanIDoJustSuckUpTheRejectionsAndApplyNextYearIGuess:’)

It’s insane. Oh my god, I’m totally buggin’! I’m so sorry, I had to do it

LMAO I was gonna say-

anyways AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I actually can’t stop thinking about M10

I’m really glad all of my decisions are in the morning so I can get them over with

I’m jealous! Mine are all split, with a few early in the morning, a few in the afternoon, and two at night :frowning:

1 Like