The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Ooh thanks I need to check that out!

Watching anime, watching youtube, watching tiktok, yeah I’m not very studious =P

I read it this summer. One of my favorites!

My daughter is skiing with friends in Breckenridge until Tuesday! Meanwhile, I’m at home freaking out on her behalf :rofl:

1984 is a great book (I’ve heard)! I love sci-fi. Definitely gonna read that.

i’ve been watching american horror story

I don’t know why I’m just now realizing that I’m potentially going to either JFK or BOS alone. There’s a -100% chance I don’t get lost there.

I love AHS, I just started rewatching it what season are you on?

i’ve watched murderhouse, coven, hotel (scariest), roanoke (best season), cult, apocalypse, and 1984. Asylum made me bored so i stopped and i didnt watch freak show.

yeah Asylum and freak show were my two least favorite seasons

I’m probably going to re-watch roanoke next.

Haha I’m sure she appreciates the distraction! Skiing sounds like a great way to pass the time. If only I didn’t live in Florida…

I wonder what the parents are feeling like right now

Our parents or CC parents?

1 Like

CC parents that have kids applying like us rn

“CC parents that have kids applying like us rn”

We are internalizing our anxiety, so we don’t project it onto our kids, and trying to balance the excitement with looming M10 with the reality of things that need to be done to keep our routine going and food on the table.

We read this thread without commenting because we know it won’t help much to tell you that everything will happen as it should on M10 - you accomplished so much already just by applying, have been more courageous than most kids your age and you should be proud of yourselves no matter what the outcome next Wednesday is - because you can’t help but perseverate on the upcoming big reveal (and you have every right to) and what your future might hold.

We worry about disappointment with our child’s results just as much as you worry about your own. We wonder how we will handle this, if we are prepared for dismay and can we support them in the way they need us to should M10 not turn out the way they’d hoped. At the same time, we worry they get a great result which will force us to make difficult decision. We also worry that such great results will leave us without the being we love most in this world to brighten our every days and try to remind ourselves that should our DKs get everything they hoped for, can we be as excited for them when realize the sacrifice we are about to make in letting them go pursue their dreams. For those of use who have been through this already, we actually know how hard it is to not be able to see them every day, ask them how their day was, share in a random inside joke, lean over and show them something funny that popped up on your phone, etc and we will remind ourselves to put on a brave face when the time comes.

So, to answer your question-- CC parents going through this are experiencing a multitude of emotions and yes, plenty of angst, but probably for far more reasons than you kids realize. So, when your parents ask about M10, or make comments that you think are ridiculous - please remember that they, too, are greatly affected by what will be revealed on Wednesday and give them just a little grace and maybe an extra hug.

Good luck, you guys! Try and chillax (lol) as much as you can until the big day. Continue to support each other. Y’all are all awesome in your own unique way!

17 Likes

I just saw a tiktok saying there’s a BAT infestation in one of the girl’s dorms at exeter. yes, a BAT. not a rat.

1 Like

What account published the video? I’m very curious about how bad it is.

what’s the @

It’s a great time! Definitely recommend.