The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

I get my decisions during class and it’s so annoying because I’ll have to contain any sort of feelings I have

nope definitely an increase!

This is the largest year for BS applications. Many schools hit a record amount of applications. People want to leave the city and flee from covid

1 Like

do you guys think Andover will email portals today?

Hopefully, and also Exeter please tell us decision time lol

I hope so

Middlesex has boxes this year which seems like it would be fun to get!

1 Like

not sure if they usually do this, but exeter is handwriting acceptance letters. they just posted it on instagram

2 Likes

Exeter usually does send them ,they’re always very cute and personal

Woah!! I wish I could get one of those :pensive:

Also, the schools probably already made decisions. Oh no.

You WILL get one!

1 Like

We’ll see. But thanks for the words of encouragement! I bet you’re getting one too!!

Loomis Chaffee just emailed and said that they received approximately 2300 apps this year!

@prepschool2021 Yes! It feels so weird to see my AD writing letters on their Insta page!!!

1 Like

Same…i’m scared. how many did they have last year?

No idea tbh. I didn’t apply to LC last year.

ik it definitely wasn’t that many ,they used to be sort of a hidden gem.

Yes! That’s for sure. They’re now scratching towards the mid 2000s, which, quite frankly, is nearing SPS/older Exeter territory. Scary to see! But then again, they’re a wonderful school, and it’s inevitable for them to increase too!

1 Like

Exeter please accept me with my half-memey agar.io essay please uwu
im not okay lmao

that sounds so unique and creative I hope they like it

I assumed Loomis numbers had skyrocketed but saw this article in their newspaper and it seems like they think they’ll hold steady at a 20% admit rate (which is a lot lower than I thought, honestly)…

https://thelclog.org/4074/news/lc-admissions-in-the-covid-world/

“ “While it’s a bit too soon to tell, I would not anticipate a significant increase in our acceptance rate given our applicant pool so far this year,” said Dean of Enrollment, Mrs. Amy Thompson.”.

The article is from a couple of weeks ago.