The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Thanks lolol I’m worried they won’t think I’m serious about it D:

Loomis’s acceptance rate used to be close to the 30’s and now it’s about 20 which is a big drop

Out of every 10 people, only 2 get accepted. Scary to even think about.

I feel like I’ll burst into tears in class or something…

I would think all of the schools that normally send acceptance packages will do so again, and some schools who normally don’t will send them this year. They need to take every opportunity they get to entice accepted students since most schools won’t be able to have re-visit days. But keep in mind, a lot of acceptance packages come a few days after M10.

Last year kiddo received packages from both schools to which she was accepted. I think she got a t-shirt and pendant from one school and m&ms and stickers from the other. She had received a string backpack and t-shirt from the latter school at her interview, so I’d guess that school would also send those in the acceptance package this year.

2 Likes

Andover just shared their portal via email for this year!

Lawrenceville is signing admissions letters!

I’m terrified aaaa this makes it REAL. Nevermind that we’ve had exeter for weeks.

Oh my god I just realized that I said I wanted to play volleyball during an interview with a school that doesn’t even have a volleyball team smh I’m not getting in there

1 Like

What’s the big deal? I said I loved to ski on the Exeter application for additional info. You can contribute to their clubs, just like me for skiing.

Edit: Sorry, I really don’t mean to sound rude. What I basically mean to say is that you shouldn’t worry about trivial things like that! I’m sure you’ll get in!

1 Like

We just got an acceptance package from Kent!

7 Likes

Wait already?? OMG Congratulations!!

CONGRATSSS go u!

Thank you! I am actually the parent, but she is thrilled. Waiting for 2 more next Wednesday, but she really loves Kent so she is happy!

Well congrats to you and your daughter ! I’m sure there will be more good news to follow on wednesday!

That’s great for you and your daughter!!! Best of luck to your daughter for more acceptances on March 10th!

Congrats! Was it mail or an email?

@KateKara24 hooray!
I’ll just add for others: Kent sent out their swag box a few days early last year and the year before that too. I remember we got it I think 4-5 days early last year and it was super exciting to have the first arrival! Also, at least last year for DD2 (DD3 didn’t apply to Kent this year), the boxes were sent USPS, which meant a variety of arrival dates for some folks. So if you are waiting for Kent and don’t get a box today, do not despair!!

I’ll add: Kent was the only one of the schools that most of you are discussing here that did that early package last year. (I just don’t want you all the be freaking out that your packages might all arrive today!). The majority of schools you are all waiting to hear on are going to do it on the date they said.

Yes, exactly what @Calliemomofgirls said. And it did NOT show up in my USPS informed delivery.

The calendar above the person writing is from March 2020 - I’m sure that was a pic from last year but I’m 100% they are handwriting it again and just used the old pic to be easier… otherwise they wouldn’t have posted it.