The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

literally. it’s pretty much going against other people, but with a lower acceptance rate than the school itself!

It’s definitely more waitlists than acceptancez

not me reading through old stats/ecs threads

1 Like

ah ok ty, so basically getting waitlisted is a shot in the dark

most schools accept less than 20, if that, students off the waitlist. so yeah, it is a shot in the dark

Where do you guys see views on application?

I uploaded a musical piece solely for application and it has 13 views. Idk about my actual application though.

3 more days! (At least on the east coast even though I’m on the west lol)

1 Like

Yes! 72 more hours to go!!!

Good luck everybody, I’m rooting for you all!

Anybody have any thread recommendations that I should read? Anything about boarding schools lol life food, town, rankings, activities, stereotypes, etc. Thanks!

I second this. And good luck to everyone as well!! I hope we all receive good news on the 10th :).

3 days!!!

3 days-- Playlist today is comprised of 3 Doors Down, Three Dog Night, Third Eye Blind, Seven Mary Three, 311 etc.

Hang in There, guys!

I applied for boarding school last year, and I got waitlisted to a bunch of schools and got accepted to one, but ended up not going. Applying for everything again this year was good and all, but it got tiring and repetitive really fast. But one thing that was enjoyable was having enough time to listen to admissions events. Because of the time gap between America and where I am now, the event times were always like at 3AM or something. Last year I was so nervous for M10. The efforts of my year would be to pay of then! But now I feel literally nothing haha. I woke up this morning and was like, ‘oh yeah, M10’s coming up.’ Still, I sometimes cringe, feeling like I could have done more to my application. At that time I felt like I gave it my all and had great interviews and good feedback for my essays. Good luck to everyone!

(Also, I’m applying as a repeat 10th grader. I really hope everyone gets into their desired school and who knows, we might even meet this year!)

Good to see you again and hear your thoughts on M10! I’m going to channel your energy to stay calm about M10 because I’m really excited (and nervous). Where did you end up applying this year?

1 Like

I applied to:
-PEA
-PA
-St. Paul’s
-Cate
-Choate
It’s pretty much the same as last year’s, but I added in Cate. I love their campus and learning material. I don’t think I had a bad interview, but I did kind of mess up in my PEA interview by going a little ‘I-memorized-what-I-was-going-to-say’, if you know what I mean. Except for that, I was pretty good.

Ooooh I applied to PEA, PA, SPS, and Choate this year, like you did last year. Good luck to you!

1 Like

The days are starting to feel so long, yet so short

2 Likes

Watching YouTube helps make long days feel short.

1 Like

Ikr! I’m just binge watching Netflix to help burn time!

I tried this, but my screen time went up to like 13 hours