The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

wow, you’re applying to so many! even applying to 5 was stressful for me lol. but anyways, im applying to lawrenceville, andover, deerfield, choate, and hotchkiss.

thank you so much too!! good luck to you and also- is that tae in your pfp :eyes:

(btw saw u asking somebody else so might as well; i’m applying to andover, exeter, middlesex and concord if that’s helpful at all lmao)

yess, i didnt think i would find another army on cc lol

hahahha yeahh we’re just everywhere (my user, for example, is a subtle reference to serendipity’s lyrics)

love the pic btw

1 Like

yall im so nervous that im not going to get in… the only thing that was truly strong in my application were my essays. i didnt really have many ecs but hopefully my passion for equality as student body president makes up for that. it’s 15 more days until m10 and i cant stop thinking about it; it feels like im slowly driving myself crazy.

can someone give me any advice on how to distract myself? or can we start a convo about our favorite books or tv shows? you can pm me since i dont wanna mess up the thread by shifting to a topic different from m10…

1 Like

I’m not a student, but I’ll share! My favorite books are The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck and Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya. Right now I am reading A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir. It is the last book in the series and I’m really enjoying it.

Also really apprehensive about M10. My favorite book is The Martian by Andy Wir. Brilliant read, IMHO.

1 Like

omg that’s crazy bc someone recommended the good earth to me and im just starting to read it. i recently just finished the bluest eye by toni morrison and it’s a excellent book that reads somewhat like poetry, however there are some sad concepts and i would suggest reading a list of trigger warnings before reading the actual book itself (i can provide a list of triggers for those interested in reading the book). i plan on finishing the good earth soon and reading either beloved or sula by toni morrison next or go tell it on the mountain by james baldwin.

15 days till m10. This place is starting to reflect the liveliness.

Distraction: find something to hate-read/watch. Sometimes, it’s really fun to be like “you can’t be serious” when you read/watch something.

For me, fave TV shows include Alrawabi School for Girls.

It’s so scary waiting for March 10th because the closer you get, the more of a reality sets in and that’s crazy. I just want to find out already and start buying stuff and decorating my dorm and scheduling hotels etc. My parents are also starting to get excited. My parents weren’t that excited before but now they are so much that they’re like omg we need to start buying you clothes, buying stuff for your dorms, booking hotels and flights. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

1 Like

i discovered prep schools kinda late and because of that, i had time to apply to one school (andover). i love my lps as much as the idea of boarding school so initially, i was like “i have time this weekend so i might as well apply.”

BUT with each passing day, i’m starting to get a little nervous :sob:

2 Likes

istg i can write a sentence, i’m going to class, so i’m just typing and rambling rn

ya same with me im just rambling but i promise i can write good also I love taylor swift so i love how you write it in like iwth traylor swift kind of

stop wait i love taylor sm

1 Like

“A Gentleman in Moscow” and “Rules of Civility” (not to be confused with George Washington’s book of the same name) both by Amor Towles are great reads.

2 Likes

same with the wanting to know and just get on with it, but i’m also really, really, really scared that amidst all my fantasizing ab going to this super cool school and decorating my super cool dorm, there’s another reality (and plausible possibility) that i get rejected from each and every school. meaning all of that daydreaming will be shattered. :grinning:

yeah maybe i’m overthinking this…

5 Likes

i pm’d you but just for others to see if anybody needs this:

(my personal favorite) books:

• the perks of being a wallflower by stephen chbosky
  • the song of achilles by madeline miller
  • these violent delights by chloe gong
  • they both die at the end by adam silvera
  • the atlas six by olivie blake
  • the invisible life of addie larue by v. e. schwab

(currently reading the last two and loving them)

1 Like

Oh trust me, you’re not the only one. As M10 gets closer and closer, I’ve been stressing about it more and more. A few months ago, I frankly didn’t care about March 10th and applications. Additionally, I was too busy worrying about high school and violin, but now that I’m on February vacation, I have more time to worry :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:. I’m trying to distract myself with violin and reading, but it’s really not working.

1 Like

Same here as well. I wasn’t super worried but now it feels like decisions are so close. It also doesn’t help that my family members keep asking me how I feel. I’m just ready for M10 to get here.

1 Like

samee i’m literally re-reading my essays every five hours and preparing for the worst

1 Like