The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Rejected.

Accepted: none :frowning:
Waitlisted: Suffield and Loomis
Rejected: none
Overall, I thought that I would get rejected from Loomis but I got waitlisted. I hoped for an acceptance but I didn’t get any, especially when I hoped for one from Loomis, a LOT. Loomis was my top pick so I put myself on the priority wait list so hopefully I get off of the waitlist!

Is it just me or does this year on CC have far less acceptances and far more rejections and waitlists than last year

CONGRATSS OMGG jesus christ it’s a sentence cc

I don’t think it’s that different.

2 Likes

What’s in the Andover swag box :blush:

Congratulations!!! Perhaps it was meant to be. My son is a third former there, if you have any questions.

I’m so sorry that happened, it’s very hard to get into schools like Exeter and you should be proud that you applied! I saw your stats and they seem amazing! Have you thought of other schools to apply to?

Having been here for 9 admissions cycles, I will venture to say it’s just you.

3 Likes

There is one emoji that 100% accurately summarizes m10:

:smiling_face_with_tear:

You love your acceptances, but your brain wants to constantly remind you that the rejected schools didn’t take you. I realize its nothing personal for them to not take you, but imagination’s gonna imagine.

10 Likes

Last year was way worse, it was a bloodbath :joy:

Congrats, and welcome to the Big Red family! If you have any questions, let me know.

Congrats! I’ve never actually heard of this program; what is it?

2 Likes

Hmm. Maybe it’s that there were more people last year seeing that the 2021 thread has over 4,000 posts and this one has 1,000

5 Likes

the acceptance letter, the fa letter (if applicable), and a flag thingy

3 Likes

thank you so much!!

1 Like

hii so i got mine this afternoon and my swag box contained 2 leather booklets with my acceptance letter, my financial reward, and the scholarship i won.

6 Likes

Hi everyone! I got accepted by Andover and waitlisted by Exeter! My Andover box came some time in the afternoon but I had to wait until after school to open it (sighs, priorities). Mine also had two leather booklets with acceptance letter and scholarship, as well as an Andover flag thing and LOTS of confetti. I also got a separate letter and certificate for the Tang Scholarship! Both the FA and acceptance letter had a handwritten note on it.

I’m kind of confused on what to do next though, I’m definitely going to Andover and I’ve said yes on the website, but what should I do next? Or is it just waiting for further info?

16 Likes

hi! just wondering because i need a bit of help here deciding between DA or Andover. Both these schools offered amazing FA packages and I’m a recruited athlete. im not really a type A super hardcore academics person and I want a school experience which is more enjoyable alongside the academics and sports. Does anyone have any advice on which one to go for?

1 Like

just wondering, what sport for recruited athlete?

Seems to me that you answered your own question. DA is a rigorous school that has good times as a priority. Andover doesn’t.