The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Aside from what Hardy said, compare the cultures of the two schools. DA has sit-down meals and a jacket-and-tie dress code; Andover has no dress code and no sit-down meals. DA has 663 students and is fairly rural (so very very few day students); Andover has 1187 students (nearly double!), is more suburban, and thus has a much higher day population.

Your best bet is attending revisit days at both.

3 Likes

i play squash and hockey! i’m playing squash in the winter as a main sport and hockey as a club sport in the fall :slight_smile:

Roxbury Latin or Nobles?
Please share your experience, what you love, what you don’t like of each school.
Thank you.

1 Like

These are very different schools. I would go to the revisits and talk to parents. RL has a lot more diversity and is a more academic school. However it is a grind and Nobles is a bit more of a balance of kids.

1 Like

Well, RL is all boys and Nobles is co-ed. Does your son want a single gender high school experience? That would be a big factor for mine. As PP stated, while both are excellent schools they are very different. I would recommend attending re-visit days to help him decide. Good luck!

1 Like

my dorm head is one of the AOs and she said we accepted 230-250 people in all grades total… so about 10-11% I’d say (also @bjorkstan hope this answers your question)

1 Like

Although it’s the day after the longtime awaited March 10th, I was ecstatic to see my decisions come back yesterday. I was accepted to Deerfield and Choate both, and a few more schools near me. I was very happy, and I hope everyone else was as well. Just remember that this is one step of the journey, and there are so many opportunities for each individual.

13 Likes

My kiddo is deciding between SPS and Concord. Both have similar FA offers so it’s all about fit. Have been doing tons of research but am relatively new to this. Can anyone provide initial insight or comparison for us? Thanks so much everyone, this board has been amazing.

2 Likes

2 questions, I don’t think I have seen milton reject anyone( i could be wrong) does that school basically just waitlist everyone? is this becoming more common for schools to just waitlist majority of applicants? also a Q about FA, we were told in letter that our income + assets exceeded the threshold to be eligible for FA, is this just a typical FA rejection or does that really indicate our income+ assets is too high ( I really don’t feel we are that high)?

1 Like

They are very different schools. Concord Academy is 60% day students and SPS is 100% boarding.
I think SPS will have more students from around the country and Concord will be more local.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I see/hear lots of day/boarding population figures. Does this number, for the most part, have a meaningful significance, on an overall boarding experience?

Would love to hear student/parent perspectives on choosing between Mercersburg, Westminster and Kent (for rising 11th grader). Not sure we can make the revisit days so looking for feedback here and everywhere

Hey @maybeboardingmom , I’ve seen you frequently on cc and I’m just wondering where your son ended up. Of course, you don’t have to share if you’re uncomfortable though!

Congrats everyone
What school was hardest to get into?

Not sure yet, I’ll let you know when he decides!

Oh, I was actually wondering where he got accepted! (Ofc only if u don’t mind!)

I’ll DM you!

Okay then! :smiley:

Same! What year are you?

I’d say Groton; 1500 people competing for 90 spots ≈ 5.8% acceptance rate.

1 Like