The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

I think they analyze your income/assets and then they also compare that to the income/assets of other applicants, maybe you would’ve qualified in another year. They gave us some aid and I’d say we are comfortable but not “too high” like you said.

2 Likes

I got a box with blue and white confetti, two leather booklets (one with acceptance and one with scholarship), and a mini Andover flag!

1 Like

@bsboy, if there are 90 spots, they make more offers than that. All schools have yield models that they use to determine how many kids they need to accept to have a class of the desired size.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for informing me!

1 Like

Does anybody know about how many people Hotchkiss waitlisted this year?

Same question I wanna know

I think Hotchkiss and a lot of other schools are just waitlisting people instead of flat out rejecting them

My son applied for 9th grade

I don’t understand the FA award either. Mine got into Milton with a great FA package. They said 1700 applicants for less than 150 spots. Milton is a large school with 50% boarding due to being next to Boston. Was accepted to 2 other schools with one being a competitive package and the other school no FA award given (smaller school and endowment).

That’s not how acceptance rate is calculated; you have to account for offers to students who will decline. Not sure what Groton’s historical “yield” is, but historically Groton has had a 11-13% acceptance rate, I believe? I may be wrong about that. Too lazy to look it up.

I got rejected :smiling_face_with_tear:

Does anyone know how many acceptances and waitlists Milton handed out this year?
(Or Concord and Peddie)

What grade are you applying?

sophomore(10th grade)

Yeah, someone else already told me. I think the acceptance rate was 9% last year their yield is usually something like 55-65%

Groton was reportedly 9 percent last year. I believe 8 percent this year.

hi, current sophomore at choate here! i think we had about forty to fifty-ish new sophomores this year! i’m not sure how many applied tho, so i couldn’t tell you the acceptance rate.

Hello, I am a parent of incoming choate 9th grader girl. Wonder if I could get some advice from you on choate? thanks

Good question. I know more than a few who would have been accepted in the previous year got WL at Milton and Concord this year. This year is just brutal, at least for the candidates already enrolled in independent schools. Not sure if there were just many more applications from the public school pool. Typically the independent school pool will continue with the path and wouldn’t add to the application increase.

1 Like

Not sure about other schools, but Milton has never rejected any from our Boston area independent school, just WL. However, I am sure Milton has their internally undisclosed ranked list which means anything below the top is a reject. I was told that their WL doesn’t move much. Their acceptance rate is less than 9%.