The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

I just got an early acceptance from Cranbrook and it was a $30,000 Merit Scholarship!!!

18 Likes

OMG! Amazing!

1 Like

Wow, that is amazing. Imagine that will play into your decision. Congrats!

1 Like

@Zeography that is :sparkles: fabulous! :sparkles: Well done, kiddo! :tada:

2 Likes

my school is quite the evil place

early release @ 11:30

which means I see the true force of 11th grade admissions earlier than I should!!

Massive W!

1 Like

Congrats! Which grade did you apply for?

9th grade

Congrats!!

My kids are/were at Cranbrook - 2 grads, 1 current student- we love it!!

4 Likes

2,500 would be consistent with the numbers reported here last year, so I would guess you are correct.

1 Like

Anyone knows how we will find out the decision from the Peddie School? I don’t think if they are using a portal and we haven’t received any email from them. I guess is a bad sign :flushed:

We have not received an email from Peddie either but I wouldn’t read too much into it.

If we find out if we get aid on SSS on M10, then does that mean once it hits midnight aid letters would come?

1 Like

Ohhh okay! Thank you! This is one of the quieter schools in all on our list because after the virtual meetings and that was it. I don’t remember to receive any message from them again…

The timing differs for every school. The school my son attended did theirs at midnight (and got their first “i’m attending!” at 12:01! Another school released 9 hours later throughout a portal, and yet another a few hours later.

2 Likes

Depends on the school
As far as timing. But the FA will come at the same time as the decision. We have one decision coming at 6AM and one at 7AM. Have not heard about timing from the 3rd yet.

1 Like

SSS has no role in your financial aid award. The expected family contribution that SSS calculated after you submitted the form is the extent of its involvement. The schools use that as one factor in deciding aid and, if you receive a financial aid award, it will come from the school (either via email or portal) basically as an attachment to your acceptance letter.

3 Likes

They are not using portal and they do communicate by email. This year Peddie’s AOs are not responsive to questions too. Either they are short handed or they have a feeling that their rating will pull crowd

1 Like

Congratulations! I thought a lot of schools only offer need based financial aid. Is Cranbrook different?

2 Likes

Gosh those Lawrenceville boxes look terrific - gone are the days of a thin envelope vs. a fat envelope, I guess. I saw on Instagram that Holderness shipped their boxes yesterday. Fingers crossed! Nothing really in terms of action from our other schools, other than email notices that decisions are coming tomorrow, but that’s OK with me for now. I’m choosing not to go down the rabbit hole of package notifications. Kiddo is actually still in a pretty good headspace and is hopeful about the much better options for high school we hope he’ll have after tomorrow. He hasn’t decided when to open the notices. I, in the meantime, will continue to stress-eat bread and butter while we wait. Between this and trying to help my older child pack for a trip to nationals in his sport, I’ll probably go through a loaf of bread by dinner…

5 Likes